• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

January 15, 2015 Delay And Delay Repercussions Discussion - All Others Will Be Combined!

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio

What is your contract definition of non-refundable? The Elio dream continues one more year for the pre-order community members of this forum. Who put you in charge of refunds? Only refundables are refundable. Who put you in charge of closing shop? Closing shop is clearly the Caddo Parrish Commission responsibility. You had your day and in one of your posts you said "I don't want to belabor the issue". Today you seem to be belaboring the issue. Although continue on, because your posts are as entertaining as mine and I have you to thank for the slap in the face awareness of that one more year to prove it.

Very simple definition...return all deposits to those customers that have become disenchanted with the Elio story...this might give Mr Elio a needed public image boost...

What's so wrong with returning deposits...is it not an ethical thing to do given all the delays and broken production time frame promises?

What proof is there that mid 2016 is a deadline that Elio Motors can realistically meet...given Elio Motors history of missing their stated production deadlines...why not 2017...or 2018?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very simple definition...return all deposits to those customers that have become disenchanted with the Elio story...this might give Mr Elio a needed public image boost...

What's so wrong with returning deposits...is it not an ethical thing to do given all the delays and broken production time frame promises?

What proof is there that mid 2016 is a deadline that Elio Motors can realistically meet...given Elio Motors history of missing their stated production deadlines...why not 2017...or 2018?
Argo!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I suspect that the nonrefundable money is long spent .... speaking for myself as one who has contributed a small amount to the nonrefundable account, I don't believe that they have any moral, ethical, or legal obligation to issue me a refund .... nobody made me write the check .... it was my choice to do so and was with the full understanding that there would be no refund .... stating an opinion to the otherwise (repeatedly) on this forum is a useless waste of time .... nobody here controls or can authorize refunds .... since you feel so strongly, take your opinion to Facebook where you can bring it to the attention of folks who work for the company .

Last edited:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm still confused as to why you are here. You have no reservation. You're convinced now it will never be manufactured. So what is your purpose in continuing to post here?

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This will cheer you up a little bit. In today's blog, EM states that the surplus inventory now on sale is worth $17 million dollars. They also state that it represents only 15% of the total surplus inventory that they can sell. Assuming the value of the stuff is evenly divided (a large assumption), that puts the total value of the surplus inventory at $113 million. That will go a loooong way towards filling the gap needed to reach production.
yeah and I've rock in my pocket I value at fifty dollars but until I sell it..
IIRC he had someone appraise the equipment when they leased the building at $60 million. I could see it being worth a bit more but double...?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Your non-refundable definition begins with.........return all deposits? Are you asking for a refund on your non-refundable deposit or do you have a refundable deposit?

You express interest in the concept and made a statement that you will be the first in line to buy one when/if available, so I don't understand your role in the naysay Elio campaign and efforts to start a refund campaign when in fact EM is still making progress and can still lock in the required funding. You seem to be encouraging pre-order fans to jump ship a ship you are not even on. You are one fun individual to chat with.

The ANTICIPATED 2016 production schaedule has no guarantee. What is your definition of anticipated? I'm skeptical of any prouction date announcement until there is a verification of funding to actually get it done. I think Elio is on track to securing funds.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The naysayers don't get it, the sad fact is that nothing anyone says will persuade you off your fixation that the sky is falling. You have not lost anything yet, just need to be more patient. Nothing in what PE or EM has released gives any indication they are failing, just that they have needed to adjust their plans to achieve their goal to which they are steadfast. That is the sign of success, and no indication they are quitters or crooks. PE is not listening to the naysayers.

Give them a break. The Elio is an outside the box, complicated project with more factors to address and consider than can be imagined, its not like its ever been done before by this team. EM is a start up company with a simple but profound vision, in a competitive marketplace. You must know and appreciate that instinctively or you would not be here at all. If you really have no confidence, just leave, don't try make things miserable for others.

They have designed and built 3 complete prototypes and a brand new engine, and toured the country generating interest for which the demand is great. Their novel approach to developing and bringing this vehicle to reality is as intriguing as the Elio itself - never before been done in such a visible way. Most car companies would just develop a vehicle behind closed doors and voila it would magically appear one day, after many years of development. The behind the scenes work is not visible at all, think of the gazillions of man-hours to accomplish what they have done so far. Slow and steady persistence is all I see which is admirable on every level. The world can wait a bit longer for the Elio of that is what it takes, the delay is not the end of life as we know it. When they hit a wall, they resolve it some way. The track record shows they are respectable problem solvers and the Elio will happen, just not on the timetable they had originally hoped to meet and that people have come to expect.

If they are going to involve the public to this level in the process, they could do better at creating a more detailed resource-loaded critical path schedule so that people understand the projections and variables, but they really don't owe us that level of detail. They could do better at communicating reasonable expectations, but some are just natural haters. Go away already if that's your M.O.

Not to say they are not immune from failure, it could happen, but its not visible on the horizon.
You are over complicating this..for me it is about the same money that Paul Elio said he had to go forward and now says he doesn't. The "complicated" company is using a majority of parts already being sold..nothing complicated there. New engine? Sure but did not seem long for an expert world renown engine company to build it. They completed the lease a year ago this month and have sold nothing of importance equipment wise since? It is an 8 year old start up not a 24 month one. I think each side on MB is allowing emotion to play immensely in their comments; including me. Fact is their is no date for production just another target date that has NOTHING to support it.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the complement.
I tell it as it is, you live in fairly land.

Elio mod.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjsPSOgSi3HErVLROtxSX6vcUN7mV9JO5YzQHcFfPzrZR1tCRJUA.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
You are over complicating this..for me it is about the same money that Paul Elio said he had to go forward and now says he doesn't. The "complicated" company is using a majority of parts already being sold..nothing complicated there. New engine? Sure but did not seem long for an expert world renown engine company to build it. They completed the lease a year ago this month and have sold nothing of importance equipment wise since? It is an 8 year old start up not a 24 month one. I think each side on MB is allowing emotion to play immensely in their comments; including me. Fact is their is no date for production just another target date that has NOTHING to support it.

Elio Motors really should not be viewed as an 8 year old start-up as it essentially failed in 2011. The company which emerged from the shadows in January 2013 is pretty much a new company with mostly new investors, a new vehicle design P3/P4, new engine design and design company, and a new plan for production in Shreveport, LA.

The lease was not completed a year ago this month but instead EM got access on May 1, 2014. It then took several month for Comau to do a complete inventory and inspection on all the equipment and decide exactly what pieces needed to stay and what would be sold off. The equipment moving and refurbishing process did not even physically begin until September however it has indeed been slower than EM had expected. Paul Elio admitted this in the Town Hall today and stated that this issue is what has caused EM the finding issue they are having now as they had expected the equipment revenue to fund operations this year including the engine and vehicle development program however that funding has not materialized just yet.

Top Bottom