• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

January 15, 2015 Delay And Delay Repercussions Discussion - All Others Will Be Combined!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems your view of lying may be a combination buyer's remorse, the feeling that PE isn't filling Elio Owners and the rest of the world for that matter of what is or isn't being done every step of the way and the feeling you have a right to that sort of information. Well, really it's too late to be concerned about buyer's remorse and PE & Elio Motors are only releasing the info that will advance the image of the car and create the desire to have one (it's working really well for you!) so relax and enjoy the ride. This is adventure on a really mild level and nothing to put your knickers in a twist at the level you are expressing. Every one of us who have "all in" money are in the same boat and most are having a hoot speculating, rebutting the speculators or agreeing.

Also, keep up the Elio design stuff. Cool!

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The current state of Elio Motors has not been very hard to forecast...the lack of a specification ready prototype has always been a huge red-flag...

The biggest negative has always been that Elio Motors has a huge shortfall of avaible capitol...which results in underfunding of the Eio Vehicle R&D program...

Mr Elio has always bragged about all the suppliers that are "on board"...but other than IAV...there's no proof that Elio has been able pay the remaining supplier to undertake the R&D necessary to bring this vehicle to market...

I will not belabor the point...Elio Motors is a maketing company...and has yet to prove they can transition into a automobile/motorcycle manufacturer...

There may be niche market for the Elio Vehicle...but Mr Elio's projection for 250,000 annual units projection has never been remotely realistic...

The Elio story is not over...but there's lots of hand writing already on the wall...and it reads...promises...promises...promises...

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah so! I was wondering about the "What will save Elio" heading and what set it off. I just found the announcement and have to admit I'm disappointed and a little bit daunted by their future. But since there is nothing more that I can do but wait and see, that's what I'll do. I have a Plan B in place for just in case scenarios but since I wasn't going to get my Elio until 2016 anyway (not $1k all in) I will just continue to bide my time to see what happens. The adventure continues... Remember, it's an adventure that's part of your life, it's not your whole life. Relax, enjoy the rest of what's around you. We'll see what happens!

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll keep putting $100 a week away. By the time it comes, I will be able to afford all the options. Any more delays and I'll get it gold-plated.
money.png
Good Idea! I will start saving money for option.....that give me more time to save also......:rolleyes:

Top Bottom