• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

January 15, 2015 Delay And Delay Repercussions Discussion - All Others Will Be Combined!

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
crashing.gif
images41537G3Q.jpg

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am sure that it would have been difficult to start Elio production in the 3rd Quarter of 2015 but the delay was costly in terms of PR and consumer confidence. I think there may be another explanation for it. Gas is $1.83 a gallon here and is expected to fall further in the next few weeks. Introducing the Elio when gas is very nearly as cheap as it has ever been* might result in big yawns from the buying public. When OPEC and the other producers get their production under control and the price of gas starts to climb the sales of high mileage cars will as well. Maybe Paul is a more astute business man than we give him credit for.

* When I was a teenager over half a century ago an hour of labor would buy 3 gallons of gasoline. That is pretty close to the situation today. Larry

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Larryboy, I feel that the gas will climb and the MPG verses the gas cost isn't that big of an impact on Elio sales. For me it is the total savings in all I do. I rather send less on transportation and burnt gas vapor so I can spend the savings on enjoying something else. I just put in gas at $1.69/gal. Crazy! At the same time it is hurting other businesses. For everything gained, something is lost... as the saying goes.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting "GAS" with all trying to read minds and plans of world economics. It will matter not what the price of gas is you will not be able to buy a new personal transportation machine for 6800. My last 4 bikes were well over 10k, but now in my "golden years" I get to ride in a tricycle with a.c., automatic, and not get wet!!

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am sure that it would have been difficult to start Elio production in the 3rd Quarter of 2015 but the delay was costly in terms of PR and consumer confidence. I think there may be another explanation for it. Gas is $1.83 a gallon here and is expected to fall further in the next few weeks. Introducing the Elio when gas is very nearly as cheap as it has ever been* might result in big yawns from the buying public. When OPEC and the other producers get their production under control and the price of gas starts to climb the sales of high mileage cars will as well. Maybe Paul is a more astute business man than we give him credit for.

* When I was a teenager over half a century ago an hour of labor would buy 3 gallons of gasoline. That is pretty close to the situation today. Larry

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Larryboy, I feel that the gas will climb and the MPG verses the gas cost isn't that big of an impact on Elio sales. For me it is the total savings in all I do. I rather send less on transportation and burnt gas vapor so I can spend the savings on enjoying something else. I just put in gas at $1.69/gal. Crazy! At the same time it is hurting other businesses. For everything gained, something is lost... as the saying goes.

well said!

Reactions: Ekh

dbuehl

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Back in 2008 prices dropped significantly after topping $4/gal. I remember the drive to FL “Dec 08” in our class A RV & tanking up in VA @ $1.47/gal.
It will go back up. The margins are not sustainable for all but the largest oil producers.

I drive a Chevy 2500 diesel getting 14mpg. As the Elio is advertised this is an AND vehicle for me. I was actually looking for that next toy when I ran across EM website. I’m all in @ $100 (for now). In my younger days I’d blow that on a Saturday night bar tab. I can wait. I’d rather see them get it right rather than deliver a piece of crap.

If they come to eastern PA for a demo & I get to actually sit in it I’ll probably up that $100.

Top Bottom