• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
from NASCAR.com where more info is available

"You know what they say about one door closing and another one opening.

And this door -- and hood and roof and fender -- is one of the most valuable opportunities in NASCAR.

When GoDaddy announced Wednesday that it would not be back as primary sponsor of Danica Patrick's No. 10 Chevrolet next year, the rest of corporate America should have started its engines.

Outside of Dale Earnhardt Jr. there is no NASCAR driver more marketable than Patrick. Her audience and fandom is easily the most diverse in the sport. Hollywood loves her as do hardcore fans in Martinsville, Virginia.

She's an ideal spokesperson for any company, as comfortable ringing the bell on Wall Street as speaking on behalf of COPD advocacy.

She's starred in Super Bowl commercials and appeared in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. Patrick's merchandise is annually one of NASCAR's biggest sellers from young girls who look up to her, to the young girls' fathers who are impressed with her moxie.

Last year, she became the first NASCAR driver to top one million Twitter followers. Even her dog Dallas Stenhouse has nearly five thousand followers.

And best of all for Patrick, her NASCAR career has never been hotter. She's driving like an athlete in a contract year because she is. But also because that's progress and experience. And her underappreciated determination.

"Danica's very marketable as we all know, and I really have been watching her," NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Wednesday.

"She's competing more and more at a higher level, and she's very competitive."

And, France noted, "She will be fine." "

Her DOOGGG has 5000 followers on Twitter?? LOL! Now that's funny. And I agree with NASCAR's Brian France, a new sponsor or two will be there for the 2016 season, IMO.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Her DOOGGG has 5000 followers on Twitter?? LOL! Now that's funny. And I agree with NASCAR's Brian France, a new sponsor or two will be there for the 2016 season, IMO.

GoDaddy has been very vocal in how much they believe sponsoring her NASCAR team has helped their company .... reports say that she will continue to have a paid affiliation with them but that they want to expand their advertising outside of NASCAR so as to reach other markets .... all of that took place during a time when she wasn't performing on the track anywhere near as well as she has this season .... I tend to believe that her team will be sponsored next year but that it will probably be by a few (as opposed to a single) companies .... there is a great deal about sponsoring a car that I don't understand .... as an example, how does a charitable organization like the drive to end hunger have funds to sponsor the 24 car ???

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GoDaddy has been very vocal in how much they believe sponsoring her NASCAR team has helped their company .... reports say that she will continue to have a paid affiliation with them but that they want to expand their advertising outside of NASCAR so as to reach other markets .... all of that took place during a time when she wasn't performing on the track anywhere near as well as she has this season .... I tend to believe that her team will be sponsored next year but that it will probably be by a few (as opposed to a single) companies .... there is a great deal about sponsoring a car that I don't understand .... as an example, how does a charitable organization like the drive to end hunger have funds to sponsor the 24 car ???
And the National Guard and Army? I've always wondered how that worked. Whose money is that and how do you determine the payback?

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Drive to End Hunger, supported by donations from individuals, corporations, and other nonprofit groups, aims to raise awareness and funds to fight hunger among those 50 and older and to provide short- and long-term solutions to older adult hunger. Utilizing education, engagement, and collaboration, it has donated more than 30 million meals since it was launched by AARP and AARP Foundation early in 2011.

Calling hunger “a hidden problem that millions of older Americans are battling silently,” AARP Foundation President Lisa Marsh Ryerson said that Gordon and Hendrick Motorsports owner Rick Hendrick “are committed champions behind the wheel and off the track.”

Gordon, who has a lifetime contract with Hendrick Motorsports, called NASCAR fans “a big part of the success of Drive to End Hunger. I’ve seen them packing meals, texting donations, and getting involved in their communities.”

Jeff (as other Nascar Drivers) has always been involved in charitable causes. His foundation is heavily involved in trying to find a cure for pediatric cancer. He is a great spokesman for any cause.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Drive to End Hunger, supported by donations from individuals, corporations, and other nonprofit groups, aims to raise awareness and funds to fight hunger among those 50 and older and to provide short- and long-term solutions to older adult hunger. Utilizing education, engagement, and collaboration, it has donated more than 30 million meals since it was launched by AARP and AARP Foundation early in 2011.

Calling hunger “a hidden problem that millions of older Americans are battling silently,” AARP Foundation President Lisa Marsh Ryerson said that Gordon and Hendrick Motorsports owner Rick Hendrick “are committed champions behind the wheel and off the track.”

Gordon, who has a lifetime contract with Hendrick Motorsports, called NASCAR fans “a big part of the success of Drive to End Hunger. I’ve seen them packing meals, texting donations, and getting involved in their communities.”

Jeff (as other Nascar Drivers) has always been involved in charitable causes. His foundation is heavily involved in trying to find a cure for pediatric cancer. He is a great spokesman for any cause.
That's all cool, but I bet he doesn't slap the foundation's name on the side of his car for nothing.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's always the $64k question with me when it comes to 'charitable organizations'. How much "actually" goes to the cause?
And what's the 'breaking point' for advertising? If they spend $100 on advertising and somehow figure they received $100 as a direct result of that advertising, is that a win? Do they need to receive 10% more $110? Or 100% more, $200. I'm sure there's a guy with a pocket protector somewhere who has the magic formula at the ready.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And the National Guard and Army? I've always wondered how that worked. Whose money is that and how do you determine the payback?

questions on this have been raised in congress .... the funding comes from the recruitment budget of the various services .... apparently, they believe that the numbers of recruits generated justifies the expenditure .... the drivers of the sponsored cars do more than just drive on race day .... they are involved in year round public relations events

Top Bottom