• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, but with this lap 26 caution he's only a lap down (or is it 2 :wacko:)
And I sure hope Chad knows what he's doing; 48 in, gas only, no tires, and picked up 1 position.
Green track? Wait and see :pop2:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Danica's crew must have done one heck of a job .... in spite of the wreck, on Lap 39 she's on the lead lap in 20th place

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Surprised me :shocked:
And shrub is now on the lead lap; Carl took himself out :thumb:
I'm also surprised the 11 is right in the lead group :grey: I'm not a real big JGR fan.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the 10 car's suspension broke on lap 128 .... looks like most of the field is gambling on being able to make it on fuel

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That was a brutal finish; there were people in the stands that were hurt; no word on how many or how bad.
Here again, I saw a speaker get launched into the crowd. One of these days they'll figure out how and where to mount speakers that don't go flying when a car hits the catch fence. That fence did a fantastic job of keeping the car out of the stands.
And I don't know which announcer it was, but when they zoomed in on the motor and tranny in the infield he goes "that's the engine !" DUH!! thanks Einstein I would have never known, I thought it was the front tire.
Happy to see Dillon walk away from that wreck; I bet he's plenty sore today.
My sympathy goes out to all of the people back at all the shops; they've got a pile of bent metal to deal with now.
Oh yeah, nice win Jr.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
heck of a race at Daytona yesterday/early this morning with an incredible finish .... as the checker waved, Austin Dillon's 3 car left the track and flew into the catch fence .... to say it (link ===>) disintegrated would be a major understatement .... its amazing that Austin walked away and that there weren't any serious injuries in the stands .... it seemed poetic that the closest crew to the wreck was the 88 and they responded in force .... I respect Greg Ives, 88 crew chief, for sending his guys to help .... I know and understand the reasons NASCAR doesn't want crew members leaving the pit area .... if they should take any action, Jr Nation will erupt .... congrats to the 88 for the win for the courage to help another driver who was in serious trouble

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw a Twitter response earlier that the crews that ran to Dillon's car after the wreck "Absolutely would not be penalized"

It was one that will make highlights for years to come, and the type of wreck that will spark more safety debate for sure.

I thought the hit from Brad K's car at the end was probably as bad as the fence. He was just sitting there broadside.

Top Bottom