• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

July 31st, 2017 - Tick Tock...

Will Elio scrounge up $25 million by July 31st, 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had the good fortune of having a friend who is a flight instructor and co-owner of a Cessna 4 seater which is also a trainer plane with two yokes and let me handle the take off while my nervous wife sets at the back and directed me to fly the plane to Perris airport, he then landed the plane and there we saw lots of ultralights, almost got tempted to buy one that can be had for like 5K used! But my wife.....you guys know the story when they get in the way of us having too much fun! :D
I understand about the wife thing. I also understand you probably wear the pants in the family.........but she takes them off!:D:p

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you lose by remaining engaged and hopeful? If you have stock and want to sell that because it doesn't fit within your limits of acceptable risk anymore, that's fine. Or if you want to cancel your want in reservation, do what you need to. Outside of those decisions, any other investment can only be recovered by EM reaching production. I just don't see a point to saying you're "abandoning ship" when there's nothing to gain by it and there's still an opportunity left to help keep it afloat.

I guess I don't get what you're asking me to do exactly? I *am* hopeful Paul finds a way. I am tethered to this adventure by a $1000 all-in reservation. You seem the think the ship is not sinking and you want to silence anyone who says otherwise, despite all the evidence that supports this view. That's not how America works. You say your peace, I'll say mine.

Anybody remember this guy?

hqdefault.jpg

NOTE : post edited to remove incendiary comment

Last edited by a moderator:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I don't get what you're asking me to do exactly? I *am* hopeful Paul finds a way. I am tethered to this adventure by a $1000 all-in reservation. You seem the think the ship is not sinking and you want to silence anyone who says otherwise, despite all the evidence that supports this view. That's not how America works. You say your peace, I'll say mine. If this forum turns into an echo chamber for a bunch of Elio kool-aid drinking cultists, I guess I'm done here.

hqdefault.jpg
The Elio ship is not sinking!
It is adrift in the doldrums, and needs 376,000,000 gallons of fuel to get to port.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Slinches I like what your saying, and I agree 100%, we were all gung ho in the beginning, and now that we have hit a low spot there is no need to voice your displeasure, not everyone wants to hear it. And for all the de-cention, you would think they have already announced they have pulled the plug.
They haven't; they are still working hard on finding a funding source, but are handcuffed by regulations from sharing that with anyone. It's depressing to listen to all the ones that used to back this company, bad mouth it. It hard to read any of this. I for one would say "if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say it". We love this product, and in every relationship, you go through highs and lows. They have not said they are closing and going away, they are still here working hard on finding a way to keep it afloat, give them some credit, this is not an easy project, it's hard, very hard. You are trying to change a mind set about what a car can and should be. Trade places with Paul, he had a dream, that he wants to turn into a reality for many to benefit from; why are some in such a hurry to see it fail?
I've got my 1K all-in and my want-in, I've wore my shirt to just about every holidays, functions with family and friends spreading the word how this ELIO project will revolutionize transportation for the masses, got embarrassed left and right from years of delays but kept my positive vibe and continue on to share my excitement to everyone I met but there's always a tipping point on each of us :D
I guess I don't get what you're asking me to do exactly? I *am* hopeful Paul finds a way. I am tethered to this adventure by a $1000 all-in reservation. You seem the think the ship is not sinking and you want to silence anyone who says otherwise, despite all the evidence that supports this view. That's not how America works. You say your peace, I'll say mine. If this forum turns into an echo chamber for a bunch of Elio kool-aid drinking cultists, I guess I'm done here.

hqdefault.jpg
I understand about the wife thing. I also understand you probably wear the pants in the family.........but she takes them off!:D:p
You've got to be psychic! :D

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I don't get what you're asking me to do exactly? I *am* hopeful Paul finds a way.
I'm asking you to stop saying the ship is going to sink and help EM avoid the darn iceberg. It hasn't even hit yet. The crew at the helm of EM are hard at work trying to correct course and you're already jumping ship and making a scene instead of helping.

What I don't get is how you don't see that torpedoing your own boat is a bad idea even when the odds are low that you'll make it to port.

I am not delusional, Ken. I just don't buy into that sort of defeatist philosophy. I'm here to help give EM every chance to succeed but I will accept failure, if it comes to that.

I'm done with this conversation now. Writing my congressmen to help support the federal autocycle bill is a better use of my time. I encourage everyone who still has any enthusiasm left to do the same. EM chose to write about the bill in their blog for a reason. Let's see if we can get that passed.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember when we formerly debated about the merit of options.
Now we debate about the likely hood of EM surviving.

hqdefault.jpg

OK. I give up. Who is he?
Enquiring minds want to know.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg
Why that's Paul Elio's father, Senior Pablo Elio, and as you can see he is being held at gunpoint by a Muppet (with only it's fuzzy lint ears showing) from the Louisiana Auto Dealers thought police. Pablo was always seen in his 1960s style neo-castroesqe sadam hussian fatigues and his yogi beara beret.

Top Bottom