• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just In From Elio We Have A Winner

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "Inaugural March Elio Color Madness Championship" bracket has come to a close and we have a winner! The race was a lot fun to watch go up and down on a daily basis. Votes would swing hour by hour and we had 12 lead changes. In the final hours of the bracket, the second place finisher closed the gap to less than 200 votes (out of almost 10,000!). So without further ado... your winner of the "Inaugural March Elio Color Madness Championship" is... Licorice!

licorice_elio_revised_cad-27-e1396639131261.jpg

It was a very close match-up, Creamsicle put up a great fight! The overall power of licorice showed in the end with many comments coming in from both sides:

"Licorice is so classic, the "badness" of this color on this cool vehicle is undeniable."

"They picked Creamsicle for a reason for P4, bright, cheery, and flat-out fun!"

"Both of these colors win in my book, the Elio is perfect in these two colors... I am going with the winner."

Some stats from the "Inaugural March Elio Color Madness Championship":

• The Championship Game had almost 10,000 votes
  • The largest margin of victory - Red Hot over Marshmallow 61-39
  • Closest games - by percentage: Licorice over Creamsicle 51-49; Creamsicle over Red Hot 51-49
  • Closest game - by total votes: Sour Apple over True Blue by 89 votes
  • Total votes cast by our awesome Elio fans: 37,386
  • Top Four Finishers: #1- Licorice; #2 Creamsicle; #3 Red Hot; #4 Sour Apple

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "Inaugural March Elio Color Madness Championship" bracket has come to a close and we have a winner! The race was a lot fun to watch go up and down on a daily basis. Votes would swing hour by hour and we had 12 lead changes. In the final hours of the bracket, the second place finisher closed the gap to less than 200 votes (out of almost 10,000!). So without further ado... your winner of the "Inaugural March Elio Color Madness Championship" is... Licorice!

licorice_elio_revised_cad-27-e1396639131261.jpg

It was a very close match-up, Creamsicle put up a great fight! The overall power of licorice showed in the end with many comments coming in from both sides:

"Licorice is so classic, the "badness" of this color on this cool vehicle is undeniable."

"They picked Creamsicle for a reason for P4, bright, cheery, and flat-out fun!"

"Both of these colors win in my book, the Elio is perfect in these two colors... I am going with the winner."

Some stats from the "Inaugural March Elio Color Madness Championship":

• The Championship Game had almost 10,000 votes
  • The largest margin of victory - Red Hot over Marshmallow 61-39
  • Closest games - by percentage: Licorice over Creamsicle 51-49; Creamsicle over Red Hot 51-49
  • Closest game - by total votes: Sour Apple over True Blue by 89 votes
  • Total votes cast by our awesome Elio fans: 37,386
  • Top Four Finishers: #1- Licorice; #2 Creamsicle; #3 Red Hot; #4 Sour Apple
What I like most about this blog is that IT IS OVER! Hopefully the next blog will provide us with real news and some great new pictures. Maybe some of the ones Ralphe observed being taken in Ontario. Of course they are going to have to be very, very good to beat some of the pictures taken by members of this group. LOL :-) Z

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I like most about this blog is that IT IS OVER! Hopefully the next blog will provide us with real news and some great new pictures. Maybe some of the ones Ralphe observed being taken in Ontario. Of course they are going to have to be very, very good to beat some of the pictures taken by members of this group. LOL :) Z
I was in long ago years a professional photographer. Any of you young folks here remember flashbulbs? OK, I shoot digital today and PS is my darkroom. If and when I get the opportunity to see the Elio, and I hope it is the P5, I will have some photo's to share.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I like most about this blog is that IT IS OVER! Hopefully the next blog will provide us with real news and some great new pictures. Maybe some of the ones Ralphe observed being taken in Ontario. Of course they are going to have to be very, very good to beat some of the pictures taken by members of this group. LOL :) Z
I believe this blog vote was totally irrelevant and little more than a silly game. More to my liking and far more relevant would be to allow each voter to arrange all 8 colors in order of preference from 1 to 8 and see the outcome. This would at least provide Elio with color information based on a national poll of interested parties.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe this blog vote was totally irrelevant and little more than a silly game. More to my liking and far more relevant would be to allow each voter to arrange all 8 colors in order of preference from 1 to 8 and see the outcome. This would at least provide Elio with color information based on a national poll of interested parties.

Me thinks they was piggy backing on 'March Madness'. Do know Detroit spends vast sums on determining what colors are hot before
a new launch............... :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Me thinks they was piggy backing on 'March Madness'. Do know Detroit spends vast sums on determining what colors are hot before
a new launch............... :)
Everybody piggy backs on the sports gods latest idiocy all year long. I even have to put up with it in fabric stores and my new age book club. So I put up with it by staying away unless I am in desperate need of something and even then I try to wait until the madness is over.

At the risk of saying I remember when. . . . . . I do remember my favorite baseball player was Roy Campanella and when he died I stopped watching baseball. I was in 6th or 7th grade. I remember when the Globetrotters (I think that is the name) came to our high school and played against our high school team rather than traveling with their own competition. Now that was fun to watch. I watched them years later when they only played their own competition team and it wasn't half as interesting because the competition was too familiar with all their moves. That high school team? Not a clue. It was the funniest game I ever saw and the team members loved it. What a fantastic experience they had.

Are we safe now? Free from sports mania for a while? I sure hope so! OK I'm off my soap box. For now. LOL :-) Z

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everybody piggy backs on the sports gods latest idiocy all year long. I even have to put up with it in fabric stores and my new age book club. So I put up with it by staying away unless I am in desperate need of something and even then I try to wait until the madness is over.

At the risk of saying I remember when. . . . . . I do remember my favorite baseball player was Roy Campanella and when he died I stopped watching baseball. I was in 6th or 7th grade. I remember when the Globetrotters (I think that is the name) came to our high school and played against our high school team rather than traveling with their own competition. Now that was fun to watch. I watched them years later when they only played their own competition team and it wasn't half as interesting because the competition was too familiar with all their moves. That high school team? Not a clue. It was the funniest game I ever saw and the team members loved it. What a fantastic experience they had.

Are we safe now? Free from sports mania for a while? I sure hope so! OK I'm off my soap box. For now. LOL :) Z
Nope not over, never is Z!

GO RED SOX! :)

Reactions: JNR

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are we safe now? Free from sports mania for a while? I sure hope so! OK I'm off my soap box. For now. LOL :) Z[/quote]

Meadow Lark would be proud.............. :)

Top Bottom