• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just Letting Everyone Know...

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wonder if I want to change my own brakes ,shocks or clutch will I have to go to Pep boys or can I buy parts at another parts supplier.?
Since one of the design objectives was to use something like 90% off-the-shelf parts (no more waiting for the cargo ship from Korea to deliver it), I imagine you can go to any major auto parts place.

Build it RIGHT!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am not thinking that at all .I should have said when I need brakes or some other part will I have to get them thru Pep Boys.
Just wonder if I want to change my own brakes ,shocks or clutch will I have to go to Pep boys or can I buy parts at another parts supplier.?

You bring up a very good point.
What I'd like to see / have is a copy of those parts that are common to other vehicles that are being used.

Why?

So they can be sourced elsewhere if needed.
Not good to be dependent on (1) source for non proprietary parts, and having a list of what the part also fits will allow those to hunt for best price.

Remember many years ago changing a wheel bearing on a Cadillac... it was $30 for the $5 Chevrolet wheel bearing just because it came in a Cadillic box.

More recent, If you have a Hyundai, and you do a lookup and do a search and find KIA offers that part as well, KIA price on SAME PART is about 30% cheaper than the SAME part if sourced thru H

Why is this? KIA makes the part, Hyundai adds their mark-up.

CDJ27

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello from Cedar Rapids! I've been thinking about getting an Elio for about a year. I finally pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago and put down $100 All-in for now. I'm looking forward to getting my Elio, hopefully by the end of next year.

Hope we do get an Iowa/Midwest rally going once we get our Elios home!

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello from Cedar Rapids! I've been thinking about getting an Elio for about a year. I finally pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago and put down $100 All-in for now. I'm looking forward to getting my Elio, hopefully by the end of next year.

Hope we do get an Iowa/Midwest rally going once we get our Elios home!
Greetings from Dubuque!

Top Bottom