• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latch System Thoughts.

Gavin

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I noticed this was recently listed in the interior tech talk.
Despite the anticipated 5 star safety rating, airbags etc I would not feel comfortable taking my 3 yr old to school in an elio.
Thoughts?

AltoidBox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't do it on the interstate. I live in a relatively rural area and I don't think I'd have a problem driving with my 2 year old to the areas around my house, assuming the law would allow it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Despite the anticipated 5 star safety rating, airbags etc I would not feel comfortable taking my 3 yr old to school in an elio.
Thoughts?
Don't worry about that. Just a few years ago, I was worried about the Latch system being in my car. My 7 Y.O. has been in a booster seat for several years now with no need for a Latch system. By the time your 3 Y.O. goes to school, he/she will be in a booster seat. With the 3 point seatbelt and "anticipaited" 5 star safety rating, it will be as safe as a standard car. Time flies Gavin. Enjoy the "threes" while they last (I miss those days).

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Yes, my thought is:
Who takes a three year old to school?
Mine had his own back pack and he walked 10 miles to school and back up hill both ways, just like I did.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, my thought is:
Mine had his own back pack and he walked 10 miles to school and back up hill both ways, just like I did.
Working people with children may very well have a 3 year old in school or nursery. As a senior I don't have to worry about that but I am glad Elio Motors is including this small but important item in the safety features. Just because I don't need it doesn't mean it doesn't need to be there. I have never needed a cigarette lighter or ashtray but I now plug my adapter into the cigarette lighter port to charge my cell phone and blue tooth if needed. The ashtrays, on the other had, usually simply gather dust (except the front one which is holding the original unused lighter). :-) Z

Gavin

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Yes, my thought is:
Well Craig, you must be around 80... Which
Makes me wonder how/why you have a 3 year old ;). Ps: we live in New Orleans, I'm more worried about 10 blocks, never mind miles!

Top Bottom