• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest Momentum V92

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Boy, if it ends up being an optional dash, I don't imagine a lot of people having it - it'd make your Elio either more valuable or harder to sell depending on what you are aiming for. I'd be willing to bet that Paul makes a commemorative clock that will fit nicely on the dash over by the knobs. I don't really see them making a separate dash. Since the point of only building 7 colors and 2 models is to simplify production, it would be difficult to add in a dash option without making the dash modular in some fashion as the marshaling centers are supposed to be installing options. Dashes, to be squeak-free, have to be installed pretty tight and I can't see Elio doing that very well with a dash that can be popped out easily. 2 cents? These are mine.
The only piece you would have to change is part #7
That would be easy, you wouldn't have to swap out the whole dash.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only piece you would have to change is part #7
That would be easy, you wouldn't have to swap out the whole dash.
But that is installed before the large piece. It you put that ONE option on the main assembly line, you've increased the number of models the factory will produce from 14 to 28.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
But that is installed before the large piece. It you put that ONE option on the main assembly line, you've increased the number of models the factory will produce from 14 to 28.
That can be remove and replaced after the E is built; just give the replacement gauge pod to the accessory center and let them do it.

If you recall, when they showed the E1's getting built, they put the gauge pod in after the dash is in the car.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That can be remove and replaced after the E is built; just give the replacement gauge pod to the accessory center and let them do it.

If you recall, when they showed the E1's getting built, they put the gauge pod in after the dash is in the car.
Well, that would be better. I still think Paul will be more likely to offer some kind of "Clock" in the car rather than a separate dash.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you see the picture of the watch? It had hand on it aka analog and digital
Elgin watch.jpg

It would have been cool doing it that way; problem was, they left the analog part off.

But the picture is off, the hands say 10:10 and the digital part reads 12:57

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy the hands aren't hands, they're just etched on the face.
Never mind.. :( (I need some new glasses)

Top Bottom