• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest On Production Date: Q4 2016

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM made statements prior to and during the ATVM Loan application process that they had funding for the P5-E25 Builds and the anticipated production startup without the ATVM Loan funds. EM's lack of funding, inability to meet the Milestone P & E Builds, and production target dates is more likely the reason for the ATVM delay. Also, proof that the loan can be repaid which seemed more likely earlier in the application process.

EM's delays may be the logical reason for the DOE's delay. Let's not put all the blame on our friends at the DOE. The DOE could still approve the ATVM loan if EM gets a private infusion of venture cash and the P and E's built. The ball is in EM's court in my opinon.

..........."EM's delays may be the logical reason for the DOE's delay"..........
or EM's delays may be the logical result of the DOE's delay? :rolleyes:
Or it could be that, as with any large bureaucracy, it's easier to say "we need more time to study that issue" than it is to say "yes" or "no" and take responsibility for your actions. And failure to take responsibility for your own actions is the hallmark of any large bureaucracy as well as its major fault. :D

tim

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And end of 2016 he will have another xxxx xxx excuse, keep it going long enough and none of us will be around to complain.
Delays with a new Automotive Manufacturer? Holy Crap! Wait a minute, let me check on my $40,000 deposit that I put down on a Tesla X 3 1/2 years ago... But wait... Aren't they ALREADY an established manufacturer? Oh the horrors. How is it possible that even the beloved Tesla could delay production of a vehicle 3 1/2 years? I'm beside my self in shock! How dare Elio, a new automotive manufacturer delay production of their first vehicle. Oh, the shame. Forever, Elio will be equated to Tesla. "Bob, I hear that Elio delayed production so they could get it right." "Yeah, just like that damned Tesla." "Yeah, those two companies are like two peas in a pod."

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Delays with a new Automotive Manufacturer? Holy Crap! Wait a minute, let me check on my $40,000 deposit that I put down on a Tesla X 3 1/2 years ago... But wait... Aren't they ALREADY an established manufacturer? Oh the horrors. How is it possible that even the beloved Tesla could delay production of a vehicle 3 1/2 years? I'm beside my self in shock! How dare Elio, a new automotive manufacturer delay production of their first vehicle. Oh, the shame. Forever, Elio will be equated to Tesla. "Bob, I hear that Elio delayed production so they could get it right." "Yeah, just like that damned Tesla." "Yeah, those two companies are like two peas in a pod."
image.jpeg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
weird pod!!
Maybe you could explain how a start-up, Tesla went to market and production in 3/1/2 yrs.
MONEY!!! Musk fronted it all, they are on the verge of many break throughs- building his own battery factory in NV (California wouldn't give the tax breaks) buying others -He is so into EVs he gives the technology away
MODELS- to be introduced (well before I can get to see one if I want to see one driving my Elio
THE highest rated car ever - by CR
DISTANCE- expect new batteries to get 200 miles+
PRICE new modulate about 35k
Financially sound, they will remain an ever expanding company, with pre-orders to keep 'em busy! Onto the international stage?
PROVEN machines -Tesla, with all the components, it's size quality and luxury will continue to be a leader The BMW not luxury,small and pricy (reminds me of my old Honda Element)
KEEP YOUR EYE on APPLE Maybe before their introduction, a prototype with an engine might just beat EM to market
NEW AUTO-BIKES, Elio keeps "pushing production" down the road, and the excitement seen in the E will translate to current manufactorers jumping in
Hey so it won't be made in or parts from the U.S ( no one gives a crap where it's made (or grown), the American market is driven by price-Walmart anyone??.,so it'll cost 10k+ meet all standards and most important come in
YELLOW!
PE's looking over to see what's catching up. B.C. Canada??

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL at comparing a complicated Tesla to rather simple Elio.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know for sure that EM does have the IAV test motor in their possession. But we never hears any detail about test results, or that it was actually run to destruction per original plan. They will be doing endurance testing on the E-cars, and may have had the wits to realize that a prototype with an actual running engine was more important than destructively testing Engine #1. if I were PE, I'd have said, "Gee, if we bust this thing, we're going to be way delayed with P5 or other P cars. Hmmmm. Maybe we'd be better off saving it for better use." But -- I'm not PE!

But if P5 is under construction, and there are clouds in the wether over IAV, where's the P5 engine coming from? I think it's Engine #1, saved from the horrible death of oil starvation. Just a guess.
I thought I read an interview (Motley Fool?) in which he denied the first IAV engine was run to destruction. IIRC they have it and another one currently.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
weird pod!!
Maybe you could explain how a start-up, Tesla went to market and production in 3/1/2 yrs.
MONEY!!! Musk fronted it all, they are on the verge of many break throughs- building his own battery factory in NV (California wouldn't give the tax breaks) buying others -He is so into EVs he gives the technology away
MODELS- to be introduced (well before I can get to see one if I want to see one driving my Elio
THE highest rated car ever - by CR
DISTANCE- expect new batteries to get 200 miles+
PRICE new modulate about 35k
Financially sound, they will remain an ever expanding company, with pre-orders to keep 'em busy! Onto the international stage?
PROVEN machines -Tesla, with all the components, it's size quality and luxury will continue to be a leader The BMW not luxury,small and pricy (reminds me of my old Honda Element)
KEEP YOUR EYE on APPLE Maybe before their introduction, a prototype with an engine might just beat EM to market
NEW AUTO-BIKES, Elio keeps "pushing production" down the road, and the excitement seen in the E will translate to current manufactorers jumping in
Hey so it won't be made in or parts from the U.S ( no one gives a crap where it's made (or grown), the American market is driven by price-Walmart anyone??.,so it'll cost 10k+ meet all standards and most important come in
YELLOW!
PE's looking over to see what's catching up. B.C. Canada??
Hey, don't get me wrong, I like Tesla and some day that company will turn a profit.
LOL at comparing a complicated Tesla to rather simple Elio.
Thank you.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I read an interview (Motley Fool?) in which he denied the first IAV engine was run to destruction. IIRC they have it and another one currently.
Correct. The first motor was NOT run to destruction but has been disassembled for measuring and such.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Face the facts there will be delays and more delays. Each one takes us closer to never seeing production. That does not mean it won't happen just becomes less likely.
Tesla has a lot of money behind it along with political power. Things go much easier with those two things working for you.

Top Bottom