• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest On Production Date: Q4 2016

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read that there are some folks in the U S who actually eat squirrels, not trying to spread rumors just asking for info
WilliamH is correct. I've had a few myself, and they do taste like chicken. Always go into the deep woods to get squirrels for eating. There's no telling what suburban or "city" squirrels have been eating.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember Rocky and Bullwinkle?
There are some that don't know that there actually are flying squirrels...
And not the ones in the previous (rather cruel) videos.

Clean kill (hunting and pest control) is one thing.
Those vids show quite another.
Remember to use all of the Buffalo.

My cousins kept some of these as pets.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WilliamH is correct. I've had a few myself, and they do taste like chicken. Always go into the deep woods to get squirrels for eating. There's no telling what suburban or "city" squirrels have been eating.
Then you really don't want to know...
What some of the cows, pigs, chickens and turkeys that end up on our plates have been eating!

I dusted some tofu with just a smidge of Kala Namak for the first time a couple of days ago.

Tasted just like scrambled eggs. Delicious!

Last edited:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember Rocky and Bullwinkle?
There are some that don't know that there actually are flying squirrels...
My cousins kept some of these as pets.
I knew some people who kept some flying squirrels. Every so often the squirrels would start begging, kinda like dogs wanting to go outside. The kids would put on their baseball gloves, take them into the backyard, and start tossing them back and forth. If one of the pitches went a little wild, the squirrels would just make an in-flight course correction and land in the glove.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
its good too see that the recent change in the title of this thread is so successful in helping get it back on track .... :confused:
We're just exploring different design options. Remember a few posts back (maybe on another thread, it's so hard to keep track...) where someone was talking about using the Elio engine as the motor for a lightweight aircraft. So what would it take to make the the Elio into a flying car? Maybe a gliding car? :eek: :rolleyes: :flypig:

Top Bottom