• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Legal: Motorcycle License And Helmet Laws

RickDeckard

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think the helmet exclusion is about as close to a done deal as you can make it. MC endorsement is another thing but there is a strong possibility that most states will get on board this especially with "Elio Motors' Judicial Success Continues With American Association of Motor Vehicles Administration Policy Recommendation" But think about it ... how hard would it be to pass the MC test in a Elio? ... I actually hope that Elio Motors pushes threw with their idea to have some extra training available for new owners so they can get used to this autocycle in a controlled environment.

ls10

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't think they would let you test for your motorcycle license on (or in) any trike. Not certain but I seriously doubt it.

ls10

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I do know we aren't allowed to drive a trike with a motorcycle learner's permit, so I seriously doubt we could test on one.

ls10

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Here in GA, if you test on a bike smaller than a 500cc, your license is restricted to the smaller bikes.
It is possible things have changed. I've had my license over 15 years.

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems to me that if you need a license to drive it then you should be able to use it for the test. (I think it'll be a non-issue in the end)

Top Bottom