• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Legislation Introduced Today In Nebraska!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Well..... I don't see anything happening in Nebraska as of now for the autocycle bill. I just received this email from senator Jim Smith about LB231: :mad:
"Dear Mr. Larsen,

At this point LB 231 has not been scheduled for debate. If we do not have time to discuss this legislation before the Legislature adjourns on June 5, the bill will carry over to next session."

Best,

Jim Smith
Chair | Transportation & Telecommunications Committee
District 14 | Nebraska Legislature
PO Box 94604, Lincoln, NE, 68509-4604
Telephone: 402.471.2730

Dang, this's frustrating. NE is a unicameral, makes a person wonder if a one-branch legislature makes politics an even bigger influence on something like a new bill being discussed/considered/"debated". :mad: x 428 I assume the next session is 2016?

Lars, just some suggestions from an old KS boy... you can email senator Smith back and ask him what can voters do to help get LB 231 scheduled for debate?

I researched online, and I see the bill was designated as a "speaker priority" bill, along with 15-20 others, in mid-March. Do you think it's getting lost in the list of bills? Anything I can do to help you?

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It sure is frustrating! I thought things were moving along pretty good in the beginning but then it stalled out just like the Elio itself. It may be getting lost in the list of bills as that seems to happen with one bill or another every year. Sometimes it seems like our senators bite off more than they can chew but they all want their name behind a bill. Then it comes down to the end and only the most important at the time seem to go anywhere. All I can say is I did my best to help this out and continue to hope for the best. Thanks for the offer of help Jeff and congrats on your win! Right now I think I'll just sit back and watch and wait.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Has there been any movement on the Bill?

In other news, hold onto your hats because this guy is moving to Nebraska!

congratulations :tea: or condolences :Cry: on the move, which ever you feel is appropriate ..:noidea:..

seriously, do wish you the best .... from your profile picture you appear to be ready for Nebraska winters .. :smow:

Top Bottom