• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Less Than $7,600, No Sooner Than 4th Qtr 2016

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Awesome, another delay. I am in it for the long haul. But that is disappointing news for sure.
I've stated this in another post, but I am reading the language completely differently than most.

Sarbanes-Oxley threatens CEOs personally with fines and/or jail time for making false or misleading material statements.

Our litigious society, professional victims posing as "investors" and lawyers threaten with class action lawsuits.

The SEC and DOE have to be managed.

Nope, I think there is a lot of prudent hedging and CYA'ing going on, and what was stated to the SEC is worst case. JMHO.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding the 3 overpaid CEOs on the list: It was a wise decision that Hari Lyer is not the spokesperson. I wonder the reason Connie makes a $100K less than her male counterparts?

I also think EMs description of their Company is odd!
image.jpg

Our Company: EM is a designer (yes), developer (yes), and manufacturer (no) of automobiles (definitely no)

EM's SEC filing was an interesting and enlightening read that reinforced the high risk investment. I appreciate the government regulation requiring those details.

Last edited:

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice this bit:
Operating Results
We have not yet generated any revenues and do not anticipate doing so until late in 2016 at the
earliest, but more likely in 2017.

That implies to me they don't really expect production to start in volume until 2017, since that's their source of revenue.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Operating Results
We have not yet generated any revenues and do not anticipate doing so until late in 2016 at the

That implies to me they don't really expect production to start in volume until 2017, since that's their source of revenue.
Yes. There are numerous bits of information to notice in the SEC Filing.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expected a 2017 production schedule to be more realistic all along, but now I'm pissed off again. I think the candor and honesty should have happened immediately following the 2015 production delay announcement which pissed off so many future owners, rather than as a result of the SEC filing in the process of asking for even more financial committment from those same future owners.

Imagine the surprise and disappointment if EM delays the P5 Build scheduled to unveil in a few short weeks.
They won't delay the P5 past 15 October. Pushing it to December would be a nail in the coffin, credibility wise. But I really don't see why they can't get it done by then -- if the engine is in build right now.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Operating Results

I hope this means they intend to sell the Elio to we early reservationist at the original $6,800 and that is why they do not expect to make a profit in the early stages.

I hope this is the reason.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope this means they intend to sell the Elio to we early reservationist at the original $6,800 and that is why they do not expect to make a profit in the early stages.

I hope this is the reason.
I'm sure that any cars in 2016 will go to us -- and maybe at $6,800. But my reading of the tea leaves is that there may be a handful of production cars out the door in 2016, but the flood (and maybe even the bulk of the reservation-holders' cars) won't arrive til early 2017. Do we know yet how many are in the $1,000 all-in bracket at present?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've stated this in another post, but I am reading the language completely differently than most.

Sarbanes-Oxley threatens CEOs personally with fines and/or jail time for making false or misleading material statements.

Our litigious society, professional victims posing as "investors" and lawyers threaten with class action lawsuits.

The SEC and DOE have to be managed.

Nope, I think there is a lot of prudent hedging and CYA'ing going on, and what was stated to the SEC is worst case. JMHO.
I think you're at least partly correct, and that these are worst-case dates. But if funding can't be found, it may get worse than that. What we're all hoping is that the realism of these dates, the number of all-in reservation holders, and the success of the SE program will all persuade DOE to back us with the loan guarantee. THEN we'll see action.

Top Bottom