• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lets Help Em Find $500.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a big car enthusiast, so what can be removed or replaced to lower the overall price, isn't something I would attempt to try and guess at. The Elio is already a pretty basic vehicle. I want A/C and radio. I'd say power windows (don't want them) but that was discussed in another thread and the cost is minimal. Paul did state in an interview awhile back, that they were working on that extra $500, working with suppliers, trying to get it down. I believe he will do his best to do so. If not then, $7300 works for me as well. I said at one point, (in another thread) I'd be happy with 70mpg and $8000, cause I'd still be saving big over anything on the market today. Remember, the consumer is not the only one being hit by inflation, we're just the ones who make up the difference in the end.;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The way we do it at work (reduce cost) is to pit the vendors against themselves. Contract goes to the lowest bidder (that meets spec requirements of course). They do it every couple of years.

Example: We have these little titanium shims, about the size of a nickel, that were costing Boeing $525 each :eek:. We had $40k worth of the little buggers in stock because they are "as required", and we normally didn't require them. They finally got around to re-bidding them, now we're getting them for $3.25 each.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NO A/C ?

NO WAY ….
YOU CANNOT HAVE A MODERN CLOSED VEHICLE WITHOUT A/C ..
IT IS NOT JUST CLIMATE CONTROL, IT IS ALSO DEFROST ANF DEHUMIDIFY !
THE VEHICLE WILL BE

$10,000.00

GUARANTEED
DEALER PREP AND TAXES AND DELIVERY ….

Reactions: Ekh

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
when is the last time you bought a new vehicle (any type) and actually walked out paying what you THOUGHT you would pay ???

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must admit I included the paint option idea as a suggestion but also out of greedy self interest...... When I first ordered my Elio all in 2 years and 2 days ago (1/6/13) I thought for sure How many other people are going to be as crazy as me and want that odd looking orange car??? Dam if that didn't back fire, looking over this forum it looks like 80% of the cars will look like mine! While I doubt a couple hundred dollar premium for Hemi orange will detract many peoples decision I had to come clean. Lol.

Forgot a few:
7 While this was discussed and still a sad memory why not offer a "Z" model?? While some can interpret it as a remembrance to someone special others may just want something slightly different. How many cars on the market today have a simple "Z" on them and sell like Hot cakes?? Z28, Z06, 280Z I could go on for days. Say a single "Z" chrome emblem next to the Elio logo and on the dash, and a 9$ accent pin strip. $250 option and Elio donates %50 of the accessory to a charity in her name.
I had already planned on putting a "Z" on mine in memory of "Z" and I really like your suggestion of the Elio option with 50% of the cost going to a charity. What a fitting tribute to her.

Top Bottom