• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Let's Talk Elio Bring On 2017!

MagicDragon

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Sondors is not going to be built in the USA. There bike is also not built in the USA.
The Sondors electric bike is built in China and shipped directly to you. They are raising $M to do a prototype..I guess their phone app will take care of any service requirements??
The Solo will be assembled in Canada with parts manufactured in China. They also have significant financial backing from China.
The Solo is the only one in production as of now that is defined as an auto-cycle and will have a sales and service network in the USA. They have submitted a production version for USA testing and certification.
Of the 4 (Sondors, Elio Motors, Electra Meccanica, & Arcimoto, Elio is still the one I want in my driveway..

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking of a few other things that Elio could do for 2017. I know they have a contractor for an App for their cars (Infinite Skyz). I think there are a few things they could integrate into it.
1. Elio Share - In many big cities in the US we have a bike sharing system. In Europe, they have an Electric car sharing system (cars about the size of a Smart car). Why not have an Elio Share? Instead of it being where you need to keep plugging the cars in all of the time and supporting that whole system, just have a few people that go around and fill up the 8 gallon tank when the app says it's needed. Then people could just share Elios without having the fear of running out of juice if they use if for two days.

2. Uber-E. Why not have the Elio app integrate Uber. This would be instead of Uber XL but a Uber Mini (call it Uber-E instead). This is a cheaper ride but only for a single person with one carry on (i.e. laptop or backpack). Integrate this into the Elio App and you now can have Elio owners who can use they car for ride sharing that caters to just the person who is by themselves.

I would think that option 1 would result in fleet sales and option 2 would open up the market for people who have an Elio and want to make a few extra bucks. You could easily own an Elio and never have to pay for gas again. The money you make can easily pay for a tank of gas. All you have to do is profit $32 and you more than paid for your first fill up and then paid for a second tank.

Maybe 2017 Elio could push these programs and even get more people interested.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking of a few other things that Elio could do for 2017. I know they have a contractor for an App for their cars (Infinite Skyz). I think there are a few things they could integrate into it.
1. Elio Share - In many big cities in the US we have a bike sharing system. In Europe, they have an Electric car sharing system (cars about the size of a Smart car). Why not have an Elio Share? Instead of it being where you need to keep plugging the cars in all of the time and supporting that whole system, just have a few people that go around and fill up the 8 gallon tank when the app says it's needed. Then people could just share Elios without having the fear of running out of juice if they use if for two days.

2. Uber-E. Why not have the Elio app integrate Uber. This would be instead of Uber XL but a Uber Mini (call it Uber-E instead). This is a cheaper ride but only for a single person with one carry on (i.e. laptop or backpack). Integrate this into the Elio App and you now can have Elio owners who can use they car for ride sharing that caters to just the person who is by themselves.

I would think that option 1 would result in fleet sales and option 2 would open up the market for people who have an Elio and want to make a few extra bucks. You could easily own an Elio and never have to pay for gas again. The money you make can easily pay for a tank of gas. All you have to do is profit $32 and you more than paid for your first fill up and then paid for a second tank.

Maybe 2017 Elio could push these programs and even get more people interested.
Really easy to answer, EM is in the business of building cars (AutoCycle's) Not Sharing and renting them or creating an app for them, and that all they want to do (I have talked to them about this before). But if an outside company what's to do it, more power to them. Fleet sales are 5 or more Elio's.

Can you imagine what the liability Insurance must run? That's got to be out of this world.

The "App" for infinite Skys is a whole system, not just an App. I sat in on the Show and Tell session they held about a year ago. It has a unit that connects to the OBD II system, to read the ECM and the BCM, some of what they say really comes across wrong, like the lane departure and a few others, they don't provide that part, it ties into that system if your car already has it. the 360 camera(s) <They hadn't decided at that time> would be something they provide, so besides the App, there is hardware that goes along with it. Oh yeah, you provide the Tablet, either Mac or Android; they were also working with the cell phone providers so it would work with all of them. Lots of Pixie Dust they still had to work out.

Top Bottom