• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Libertarian Take On Elio

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like an old article with a new date posted on it? Also, the writing style is rather....whiny. I get what he's saying about the lack of media coverage over the Elio, but I remember when Musk was developing the first Tesla roadster there was very little coverage as well until cars started showing up on the road.
And I really disagree with his hate for Elon Musk. There are a lot of crony capitalists out there, and they are a big problem, but Musk isn't one of them IMHO. Outside of things like the ATVM loan they got, (which Elio is seeking as well) Tesla hasn't gotten any special treatment from government, and tax subsidies for electric cars is the government's fault, not the car companies that are building them.

Reactions: KD

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I missed the author's point other than his negative personal view of EV's. He is obviously a Tesla hater and on the same level as an Elio hater. Individual choice is important. Promoting the development and encouraging the purchase of new tech alternative vehicle options for the future is smart.

It's difficult for mainstream media to get behind the wheel of the Elio dream, but will rally behind the Elio when there is a proof of concept test ride E or Alpha build to review.

Media reps can currently get behind the wheel for test drives and review the Tesla concepts. Tesla customers/owners seem to admire and rally around Elon Musk and stand behind their Tesla's giving their rides rave reviews.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like an old article with a new date posted on it? Also, the writing style is rather....whiny. I get what he's saying about the lack of media coverage over the Elio, but I remember when Musk was developing the first Tesla roadster there was very little coverage as well until cars started showing up on the road.
And I really disagree with his hate for Elon Musk. There are a lot of crony capitalists out there, and they are a big problem, but Musk isn't one of them IMHO. Outside of things like the ATVM loan they got, (which Elio is seeking as well) Tesla hasn't gotten any special treatment from government, and tax subsidies for electric cars is the government's fault, not the car companies that are building them.
Yeah, the article is definitely a retread from a period in the past with today's date. New York Auto Show, 41,000 reservations, P4 in all the pictures, amongst a few other "dated" items. I understand some of the points he is trying to make about E/V's being media darlings of the week, but the rant on Elon Musk, I believe, is over the top. I do agree whole heartedly about vehicles like our beloved Elio being swept under the rug by said media. For now!

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honestly , it would not matter a bit if the Elio got 200 MPG . The Media , Hollywood and the administration would still condemn Elio as a Climate change contributor . The only transportation darlings are mass transit and rolling vibrators .

Top Bottom