• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Limits ….

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to be @ under 9K$ OTD I wont be adding much in the way of options (may change once list of options and the cost is available). MPG wise I am happy at 75MPG @75mph ac on . I believe the 84mpg is based with AC on @65mph? I have a feeling 80mpg will be the number and your driving habits will dictate MPG+-

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not going to load mine up with non sense fancy dash boards and stuff. I don't use half the junk our cars have on them now. I will go base base model with Auto and that will be pretty much it. I am expecting it to go up from the 6,800 number , not concerned.,

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not going to load mine up with non sense fancy dash boards and stuff. I don't use half the junk our cars have on them now. I will go base base model with Auto and that will be pretty much it. I am expecting it to go up from the 6,800 number , not concerned.,

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks Smitty.

dirtbag

Reaction score
Like most , I have no problem paying $10k OTD for this vehicle . It remains a rare bargain in it's space.
MPG is no issue for me and sincerely plan to turbocharge once it's in my garage .

View attachment 4156

$10K for me. Any higher and I'll look at getting another sportbike instead, and I already have a vehicle that can get 50mpg fairly easily. What manifold+turbo setup is that? I plan to turbocharge mine too!

Roberto Benitez

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My limit for base price would be about 8k. Thus far, the options have no appeal to me. They had talked about a basic smart phone integration--may go for that(definitely NOT the iPad option).

As far as mileage, probably about 70MPG. While at the momment me Elio would be purely for fun, I may need it to commute to work in the future, so if price jumps too much or MPG dops too much, it is not worth it for me.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have always thought both the 84 mpg and $6800 price were pipe dreams. Both are great goals to shoot for but in the real world I don't see either happening. But to answer your question I would loose heart at $8,500 and walk at $10,000. MPG anything over 55 would be delightful.
Pipe Dreams? It seems like Paul Elio's limits are lower than many. I'm happy to go with Paul's shaved down to as close to $6800 as possible. I walk at $7400 and 80 mpg...................................not!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Base all the way on my Elio#1, silver, manual trans and budgeted $20,000.00 for 2. I'm all about safety so any leftover from my budget will go to backup/driving camera and whatever options they throw in there for the sake of driver awareness- will definitely pass on the Skymatic system. My Elio #2 is for my wife so it'll get the auto trans. I'll replace the am/fm radio myself. As much as I wanted a turbo option when or if it becomes available, it'll defeat the whole concept of EM's high mileage Autocycle and I'm all for this and 55 horses is more than enough for a 1200 lb car. ;)

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pipe Dreams? It seems like Paul Elio's limits are lower than many. I'm happy to go with Paul's shaved down to as close to $6800 as possible. I walk at $7400 and 80 mpg...................................not!
Interesting I was not aware that the man himself feels the numbers are conservative. It's just so far out of the park of a normal car it's hard to wrap my mind around.

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As much as I wanted a turbo option when or if it becomes available, it'll defeat the whole concept of EM's high mileage Autocycle and I'm all for this and 55 horses is more than enough for a 1200 lb car. ;)
Would a turbo really make that much of a difference? I would think it's only going to impact MPG when you really use it during acceleration.
I wouldn't think highway mileage would take much of a hit.

Top Bottom