• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lineage

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've searched our forum and have seen no mention of the Velorex. Remarkably It is a Czech 3 wheeler that seems much more of the same spirit as the Elio than the many other 3 wheelers posted here. The main issue being the affordability. Fuel economy, small purchase price, yet a quality build and true value all weather 3 wheeler. No attempt here to put the 60 year old Velorex design on a par with the Elio yet I see very much a rugged individualism that has garnered a dedicated following rarely seen in most small cars. The canvas is the primary turn off and I would have loved to have seen scene of Inspector Clouseau getting caught in a tug of war with it and his trench coat. So though ugly as it is and not on a par with the Elio I still see a real spiritual lineage to the practicality of the Elio. I read somewhere that in 2006 six of the Velorexes made the historical trek from St Louis to LA on route 66. Wouldn't that be a hoot to do the same with the Elio?
Those in the know about the latest space age flexible materials like spectra and others seems quite realistic to consider a Velorex type design using this super strong and light and easily replaceable space age canvas. Imagine seasonally changing your car colors. Never mind. I recall someone from GM conjuring a similar idea.
1274766770-velorex---the-legendary-czech-threewheeler_338409.jpg

Attachments

• 1274766774-velorex---the-legendary-czech-threewheeler_338410.jpg
    1274766774-velorex---the-legendary-czech-threewheeler_338410.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 268
Top Bottom