• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lios Talk Nuggets

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why is EM wanting more money to start production? They now say they need $272 Million. I originally assumed they underestimated the cost.

There may be another explanation. Perhaps this larger dollar amount is to make up for slow sales of used factory equipment?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why is EM wanting more money to start production? They now say they need $272 Million. I originally assumed they underestimated the cost.

There may be another explanation. Perhaps this larger dollar amount is to make up for slow sales of used factory equipment?
Good question. I have no "inner workings" information, and what do we know ?
My opinion : To start up Shreveport ? Retooling, Supplies, Employees, to name a few small items just to get started.
Tesla started by making the roadster 1 at a time . I believe the ELIO gameplan is to start by making the ELIO 100,000 at time.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
from what I have gleaned, employees, will be the easiest to get started. There are many folks living there who worked on the Chevy line, and securing the space from the local Parish was contingent upon hiring 1500 workers. I think there was also an expectation that they would have been hired a few years ago, I think E M was to be penalized for not getting it going, I think too that E M is also in "default" of another commitment (property owner??) and is currently paying.
The meds show no sign of helping my -CRS. I have however, thanks to my kids, solved the problem of the lights going on automatically when I go to pee- ( I'd been using the refrigerator)

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
from what I have gleaned, employees, will be the easiest to get started. There are many folks living there who worked on the Chevy line, and securing the space from the local Parish was contingent upon hiring 1500 workers. I think there was also an expectation that they would have been hired a few years ago, I think E M was to be penalized for not getting it going, I think too that E M is also in "default" of another commitment (property owner??) and is currently paying.
The meds show no sign of helping my -CRS. I have however, thanks to my kids, solved the problem of the lights going on automatically when I go to pee- ( I'd been using the refrigerator)
But....you HAVE been doing a lot of thinking :p

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you hire someone they want to get paid, if you pay someone you want them to work. If you want your employees to work you need to find something for them to do. I want my MTV.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I forgot about the talk. Continental has their hands full designing antilock for a three wheeler... angular momentum won't be much use for the rear tire. Hopefully, they'll get that all dialed in pretty quickly. If they do, you should see the swerve speed go up. I'm glad to see the Elio going faster than 15 MPH though!

I wonder what kind of AC validation they'll be doing? could it be these guys? They do testing --- http://www.rdac.com/capabilities

Advanced Engineering & Testing

Red Dot’s Advanced Engineering and Test group delivers the highest level of expertise in heavy-duty mobile HVAC.
Our Advanced Engineering and Test group operates the H.G. Runnings Technical Center in Seattle, a hub of innovation and research in heat transfer, refrigerant management, diagnostics, and control systems for heavy-duty vehicles and equipment.

In addition to evaluating Red Dot concepts and products, the H.G. Runnings Technical Center is available for independent research and product validation.

Technical Center Capabilities
Full-vehicle environmental chamber

NEW%20Chamber-fully%20lit--514px.jpg

At 48 feet long, 18 feet high, and 18 feet wide, our environmental chamber is big enough to accommodate a full-sized truck, loader, or other heavy vehicle. The chamber can produce an air temperature range of -20 F to 140 F with relative humidity from 20% to 95%. We can instrument the vehicle with pressure transducers, hook up a dynamometer, build up engine heat and hydraulic loads—all in an effort to fine-tune A/C performance.

HVAC systems calorimeter
calorimeter-514px.jpg

Provides precise simulation of a wide range of under-hood and in-cab conditions. Twenty system parameters are controlled to within a 1% tolerance. Sixty data points are collected at a rate of up to four times per second.

Vibration test cell
RD_loc_3858e-514px.jpg

Our LDS V875-640 Electrodynamic Shaker is used for testing components, subassemblies, and complete heater and A/C systems, as well as to validate components from outside suppliers.

Blower test cell
RD_loc_3990e-514px.jpg

For prolonged evaluation of fans and blower motors to validate stated hour ratings and standards for reliability, quality, and performance.

Acoustic test lab
RD_loc_3968_e-514px.jpg

Decibel levels and frequencies generated by blower motors and other components can be used to define acceptance criteria for noise and to assure that products meet customer standards for Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH).

Electromagnetic and radio frequency interference (EMI/RFI) test lab
EMS_chamber-514px.jpg

Measures radiated and conducted electronic emissions and potential interference inside the cab. Used to pre-qualify product designs for MIL-STD-461E and commercial standards.

Red Dot is in the Elio release today as the Elio AC company ! Their website is great! Very nice
reddot
Dealer Login
Manufacturing

Red Dot manufactures HVAC systems, components, replacement parts, and aftermarket units for vehicles in demanding work environments all over the world.
Our primary manufacturing facility is in Seattle, Wash., with additional locations in Ipswich, Suffolk UK; Memphis, Tenn.; and Shanghai, China.

Efficient Production
Red Dot is vertically integrated, meaning we can design, build, test, and assemble the components that comprise our HVAC products. These include:

• Heater cores and condensers
  • Pressure switches
  • Hose, tube, and pipe assemblies
  • Wire harnesses
  • Sheet metal fabrication
  • Duct and plenum subassemblies
  • Control panel assembly
  • Powder coating
  • HVAC unit final assembly
Vertical integration allows us to deliver prototypes in rapid fashion. We don't have to wait for a third party to provide a heat exchanger or wire harness for us. We can model and produce our own.

Quality Systems
Red Dot is certified to ISO 9001:2008, the most current edition of the standard. We were the first in our field to achieve ISO 9000 quality designation, in 1994.

Every project begins with your quality, cost, and delivery requirements. This includes measurable performance on a PPM basis and identifying opportunities for progressive savings through production efficiencies and design.

Lean Manufacturing
Lean manufacturing reduces the time from the beginning of the design process to the moment your goods are shipped. We coordinate schedules to have components ready for final assembly based on true customer demand. This dovetails with just-in-time manufacturing principles and your own efforts to reduce inventory.

Tools & Equipment
We invest in computer-controlled brake presses, turret presses, laser cutters, and other machines that can be set up quickly, making shorter runs more efficient and eliminating the peaks and valleys of batch-and-store manufacturing. These machines are automated so we can reproduce pieces with total accuracy any time, at any of our facilities.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Red Dot is in the Elio release today as the Elio AC company ! Their website is great! Very nice
reddot
Dealer Login
Manufacturing

Red Dot manufactures HVAC systems, components, replacement parts, and aftermarket units for vehicles in demanding work environments all over the world.
Our primary manufacturing facility is in Seattle, Wash., with additional locations in Ipswich, Suffolk UK; Memphis, Tenn.; and Shanghai, China.

Efficient Production
Red Dot is vertically integrated, meaning we can design, build, test, and assemble the components that comprise our HVAC products. These include:

• Heater cores and condensers
  • Pressure switches
  • Hose, tube, and pipe assemblies
  • Wire harnesses
  • Sheet metal fabrication
  • Duct and plenum subassemblies
  • Control panel assembly
  • Powder coating
  • HVAC unit final assembly
Vertical integration allows us to deliver prototypes in rapid fashion. We don't have to wait for a third party to provide a heat exchanger or wire harness for us. We can model and produce our own.

Quality Systems
Red Dot is certified to ISO 9001:2008, the most current edition of the standard. We were the first in our field to achieve ISO 9000 quality designation, in 1994.

Every project begins with your quality, cost, and delivery requirements. This includes measurable performance on a PPM basis and identifying opportunities for progressive savings through production efficiencies and design.

Lean Manufacturing
Lean manufacturing reduces the time from the beginning of the design process to the moment your goods are shipped. We coordinate schedules to have components ready for final assembly based on true customer demand. This dovetails with just-in-time manufacturing principles and your own efforts to reduce inventory.

Tools & Equipment
We invest in computer-controlled brake presses, turret presses, laser cutters, and other machines that can be set up quickly, making shorter runs more efficient and eliminating the peaks and valleys of batch-and-store manufacturing. These machines are automated so we can reproduce pieces with total accuracy any time, at any of our facilities.
Another view from RED DOT website below>>
reddot
Dealer Login
Markets

Investing in durable, high-performance climate control can deliver returns in operator health, safety, morale, productivity, and uptime.
Red Dot designs and manufactures heaters and air conditioners for heavy-duty commercial and military vehicles worldwide. We organize product development into four segments: off-highway equipment; on-highway vehicles; military vehicles and equipment; and aftermarket units and replacement parts.

We’re a global supplier and set the standard for OE customers and equipment owners who need HVAC systems and components for the most punishing environments. Learn more about Red Dot cab heaters and air conditioners in your vocation:

VERY NICE--Thank you team ELIO :-) !

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I didn' know friges flushed..:drum:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The deal was with RACER Trust.
They (RACER Trust) have granted Elio an extension.

Top Bottom