• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked In

CHUCK G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Locked in at a grand and if Paul wanted the balance of the money the check would go out in todays mail.
I'd second that!
Think you will be able to transition from your sidecar 3 wheeler to the Elio 3? Is this going to be an "and" bike for you too?
No problem with the transition from 3 wheels sidecar to 3 wheels ELIO. This is not only an "and" bike but a collection bike that I will enjoy driving to and from.............Do you ride sidecars?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so at work and super confused. I'm all in at $100 already. Do i need to increase my all in to $500 minimum? Do i need to do anything to "lock in"? Can't really take time to research and don't want to stress it all day.

Do nothing, and you are still all-in reserved to purchase a $7,300 Elio.

"Commit" to purchasing one (basically signing a promise to buy it when it comes out), and you can shave that price down to $7000. If you are like me and reserved during the 50% bonus, then your final purchase price will be $6850 :)

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I locked in. I read it 3 times just to make certain what they were saying. I had already upgraded to 1000 all in, so by clicking and submitting, I save 300 off the base price. Even at 7300, it is well within what I consider an acceptable price for the product.
I am actually glad as heck to see them "locking in" the purchases. Just more evidence the Elio will be on the roads, with US behind the wheel!!!

Edited to add, WIth my deposit and the bonus, I figure it means my base price is 5500 dollars. I will no doubt offset this with the ad on purchases I want on the vehicle!

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i just received an email (as most of you had) discussing the fact that Paul Elio has locked in the final price of the base vehicle, which is now exactly $500 more than the $6,800 that Paul has talked about since the inception of this project.

I think it's more of a coincidence than anything else that those of us who were teased to go "all-in" would have incentive my getting an additional company match amount...now only to see the price of the base vehicle increased by....the same amount of company match.

Oh...you can save $300 from that by now entering into a binding commitment to purchase, but this now means if anything else changes at all, too bad, so sad.

I can't help but feel a little slighted by this move, especially amid the years that this has been delayed time and time again - but I'm not surprised by their action. It was the people who dropped their money early on for a product that at the time was vapor ware to only see the promise of the company match eroded away by their price increase.

/EndOfRant

wah....

(signed)

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I have a question. Many of us signed up and dropped our $1000 early on and got that $500 bonus towards the car. By signing this new Locked In nonsense does that negate that bonus, making us agree to simply pay the $7000 price, ignoring our bonus?

This thing is getting sketchier and sketchier to me.

Hey look, 2 brand-spanking new accounts showing how bad Elio is...

Well, I'm convinced by your argument! I'm buying a new car sold by a local dealer with financing!!

(massive sarcasm)

*Signed to lock in*
#4000 range

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey look, 2 brand-spanking new accounts showing how bad Elio is...

Well, I'm convinced by your argument! I'm buying a new car sold by a local dealer with financing!!

(massive sarcasm)

*Signed to lock in*

OH POOP, I gotta go out this weekend and buy another clunker for the daughter. Her Toyota is dying.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My final base price will be $6850.
That's $7300 - $300 "lock-in incentive" - $100 reservation - $50 bonus. So, pretty close to the promised base price. I am OK with that!

We're budgetting $9k anyways for options, delivery, etc.
Mine looks like this:

Committed: $7000 - $1000 all in = $6000 - $515 (all bonus's) = $5485 final price !!

I was budgeting $10K anyway.....now I have $$$$ for "goodies" :D

Edited for poor math skills :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom