• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked In

RevTriker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am puzzled by some who are holding back from committing to buy particularly if they are already "All In" at $1000. Does anyone walk away from a purchase after laying out that much or do they go ahead and buy and sell it if they don't like how it came out? I was already to do that so the locked in buy was a no brainer. Plus getting another $300 off is a bonus in the deal. If anything save your frustration for the DOE and their changes to the ATVM loan requirements. If all who read this just take the time to commit we can send the proper message which is "Yes, we are serious about owning this vehicle, so quit messing with us and Elio Motors and approve the loan already".

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am puzzled by some who are holding back from committing to buy particularly if they are already "All In" at $1000. Does anyone walk away from a purchase after laying out that much or do they go ahead and buy and sell it if they don't like how it came out? I was already to do that so the locked in buy was a no brainer. Plus getting another $300 off is a bonus in the deal. If anything save your frustration for the DOE and their changes to the ATVM loan requirements. If all who read this just take the time to commit we can send the proper message which is "Yes, we are serious about owning this vehicle, so quit messing with us and Elio Motors and approve the loan already".

I can see the other side of the coin. The $1,000 All-In means they believe that Elio will make a great car and are willing to gamble on it to get it a year earlier than the general public. But the binding agreement is a little more serious since it means you are betting with $7,000 that the final product will be what you will be happy with. Without a test drive, without seeing the final product. As long as Elio delivers something similar to what they have shown, even if the ergonomics do not fit you, the ride does not please you, whatever, you are now on the hook to buy it.

Just last night they confirmed the change to steel body panels, which some have said were show stoppers for them living in the rust belt. They might have been ones who already committed (likely not, though) and now they have a change that unless they were monitoring this forum they probably did not know was a possibility. Who knows what other changes await between now and production?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I put $1,000 all-in on my Elio and will get the 50% bonus plus another 15% bonus because of when I signed up to go all-in at $1,000. ($500 + $135=$635). Now, Elio is offering me an additional $300 off which means they are now matching my $1,000 reservation (down payment, really) with $635 + $300 which is now a total of $935 off the $7,300 price of the Elio.

Now, if ALL I do is buy my Elio and turn around and sell it for the "going price" of $7,300, I'll make $935 profit on it. Tracking so far?

Hmm, I'm buying an Elio which has a base price of $7,300. I'll have put down $1,000 which should make the car cost me an additional $6,300 when I finish paying for it. Right? Right. Out of that $6,300, Elio is going to pay for $935 of it which means I now only have to either pay in cash, check, credit card, sea shells, magic beans, whatever, $5,365 for my new Elio. Amazing to think I can get a new 84 MPG Elio for close to the same price I paid for a 15 year old Toyota hybrid that gets "great" mileage (barely around 40MPG as my daughter drives it).

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So here's some fun with math...
I put down $100 (Non-refundable) on a certain date. I got 50% bonus for that.
I added $900 on a certain date. I got 50% bonus for that.
The longevity bonus came out.
The $100 was put down in the 75% period. The $900 was put down during the 65% period.
Who the heck knows what my bonus really is!!??
This is why I wish it was laid out on our EM accounts page...

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup. I'm not really in a rush to lock in. It's not like I'll get the vehicle any sooner, but the whole thing seems a bit off. I haven't seen too many computer glitches that take an entire week to fix.
Or that seem to target you!
As of right now, you are the only person I have heard that is still having an issue.
Just lucky, I guess...

Top Bottom