• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked In

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went and looked at all of his posts (yes, all 4 of them);
First 2 had to do with going All In last November and losing the email that had his number and it wasn't posted on the EM site.
So he comes back 5 months later and , wait.....
He wasn't asking about selling his number; he was suggesting that the people whining should go and sell their numbers .......
That makes more sense; sorry for the misunderstanding.
I'm still fighting a migraine from last night and slipped into the "read every 3rd word" syndrome.

But after reading what it takes, do you think the whiners would actually take the time and spend the effort that it takes to sell your SIL?
They seem to like misery in their lives and having something to whine about makes them the center of attention for a while.
And just like a pet; good attention or bad attention to them it's almost the same; they got attention and that's what they wanted.
:becky:

DigitalDan

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't confused until I came here and started reading these posts! :D

I'll add my story, just to confuse the confused even more... :cool:

I originally put down a $250 refundable deposit (38 months ago). I then changed it to a non-refundable deposit to get the 50% bonus (and a t-shirt).

Now that I've locked in the $7000 price, IF they ever produce enough vehicles to reach my spot in line, I'll need to come up with $6675 plus tax, title, destination, blah, blah, blah fees.

The t-shirt is nice, but I hope that's not the only thing I have to show for my $250 in a couple years.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

I originally put down a $250 refundable deposit (38 months ago). I then changed it to a non-refundable deposit to get the 50% bonus (and a t-shirt).

Now that I've locked in the $7000 price, IF they ever produce enough vehicles to reach my spot in line, I'll need to come up with $6675 plus tax, title, destination, blah, blah, blah fees.

The t-shirt is nice, but I hope that's not the only thing I have to show for my $250 in a couple years.
You'll have these posts to remember.:sad:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why? EM said a while back that they would be evaluating different materials for the body, steel was one of those.
They found that by using galvanized steel, it's much lighter than the composite (when they built the P5 it was 400lbs over the target weight of 1,250)
Going to steel they've gotten the weight down to 1,228lbs; less weight, less power needed to move it.

And why am I repeating an area that has been discussed to the Nth degree here? Elio Motors has sent out a newsletter describing all of the benefits of going to steel.
So if you think it's a scam or incompetence I'm sorry for you; nothing could be further from the truth.
And it sounds like trying to convince you is a exercise in futility.

There are a number of discussion on here that cover the subject; I suggest you use the search function to bring them up; and then you can do some reading.
In all fairness........the P5 does not have composite panels.........they're fiberglass :)

Yes I did; Jerome called me and we talked for about an hour discussing all of the misconceptions that people have brought up since the Commitment form went out; the next day the Marketing Team sent out that email covering all of the topics that have come up; it was almost the same conversation I had with Jerome the day before. That afternoon I got an email with the link to "signing" the commitment and got this after I hit "Send":

View attachment 11061

So I've completed step one; now I'm just waiting for the confirmation email.

Seems the problem came up a lot for people that started at "Want In" (which I did).
3 days after I was "Want In" I switched to "All In" and that's what confused the system.
(Dam computers ;))
<Even though I retired from MIS/IT work for 27+ years, I offered to help if they needed it>
Glad you got it straightened out :)

I received an e-mail from EM saying the problem has been resolved and told me to use the "original e-mail address" when I went for my 1K all in. So I did and got the same message you have and got locked in for the 7K base price. Only problem is I've since closed that original e-mail I had w/ yahoo so I have no way of getting their confirmation. No matter, it's still a long way from receiving my ELIO so they'll figure it out to update their system to my current e-mail address. All is good.
Just contact EM and they will change your email address for you..........ask me how I know :p

WOW.............your shirt only cost $250.............mine cost $1000 :p

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fiberglass is a composite... made up of glass fibers and epoxy resins. Or did something just fly over my head?

Nope. You're 100% correct. I'm 'assuming' the Wizard was thinking of the SMC material...which is also fiberglass, but with a different matrix and build process. Probably the same weight per thickness, just orders of magnitude quicker to fabricate the SMC panels VS hand-laid fiberglass. Now a RTM carbon fiber panel would be feather light, and just as strong as steel, but you'd need to add a couple zeros behind the price of your Elio. ;)

Top Bottom