• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked In

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't confused until I came here and started reading these posts! :D

I'll add my story, just to confuse the confused even more... :cool:

I originally put down a $250 refundable deposit (38 months ago). I then changed it to a non-refundable deposit to get the 50% bonus (and a t-shirt).

Now that I've locked in the $7000 price, IF they ever produce enough vehicles to reach my spot in line, I'll need to come up with $6675 plus tax, title, destination, blah, blah, blah fees.

The t-shirt is nice, but I hope that's not the only thing I have to show for my $250 in a couple years.
Who was it exactly that told you , you weren't confused until you came here and started to read these posts. :-)
There is a heap of information to turn confusion into clear insights.
You will have so much more to show for your $250.. You'll have the support, information, and friendship that's this site.

DigitalDan

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine too. I'm "all in" for $250.

Locked.jpg

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sent the following question to Elio Motors, via email, on August 15, 2016:
If a person makes a non-refundable reservation today, 2016 Aug 15, can they get the elio (base model) for $7,000? I do not see that number offered on the website.

Today I got the following reply:
Don Harris (Elio Motors)
Aug 19, 12:21 EDT
Neil, you are correct. Only a previous reservation can lock in at $7,000 but a new reservation can lock in at $7300 until we reach 65,000 total reservations.
Regards ,
The E Team

I asked Kevin on the phone who said a person can lock the price in today (Aug 16) for $7,300. I asked if a person can get it for $7,000 and a received a cautious yes reply that I did not have a much confidence in.

There is no reference to $7,000 where a person makes an all-in reservation (offering on the color pages), but if you look at the all-in reservation agreement in the tiny window, it says "If a binding commitment is made, the base price shall be further reduced to $7,000.”

What Don Harris says makes since. Binding commitment can be written into the current offering and agreement. I thought the $7,000 price was offered as an enticement only to the people who had already reserved and had no reason to make a further binding commitment.

The all-in reservation offering wording does not mention $7,000 but the all-in reservation agreement does.

I think EM should check these over, make changes if needed, and educate all people so what is printed and what people say is in agreement.
I sent a message to EM and got the following reply.

Don Harris (Elio Motors)

Aug 22, 16:23 EDT

I stand corrected. You CAN make a new reservation for All in, Then you need to go back and LOCK it in for $7000.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Regards,
Don

7baacba1278?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png

Neil

Aug 19, 19:58 EDT

Don Harris

Thank you for the reply. What you said makes sense. However there seems to be a contradiction in the purchase agreement. Are you aware the all-in purchase agreement (in the tiny window) says in paragraph 2, last line: "If a binding commitment is made, the base price shall be further reduced to $7,000." ?

Neil

Great effort. I wish I was a part of the team. Good luck everyone.

Making a mistake is no big deal because everyone makes mistakes.
What is important is how people respond when they do make a mistake.
I believe EM has responded very well.
Good for Elio Motors.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I called yesterday afternoon and got Mr. Jerome on the phone. He told me the glitch has to do with starting as a "Want In", and then upgrading to "All In". Said he would flag my account and send it up the flagpole as it were. Long story short, I just made another attempt, and am now "Locked In" for $7,000! Pending verification of course...
...And the good news, for me anyway (as a selfish twit), I got my VERIFIED email today, so I am now an official member of the $7,000 Elio member club! Hella yah, Go Team Elio!

Top Bottom