• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Looking To Reserve, Need To Know I'll Fit

johnnykilo

Reaction score
My daily commute is 90 miles round trip, love my job and love my Ford Edge but it's just no longer economically sound. Elio looks like the solution but I don't know if I'll fit. Their website says they fit a 6" 8' guy, I'm 6" 9'. Just an inch but tall guys tend to be lanky, I'm just proportionately large. Any success stories for tall guys out there?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My daily commute is 90 miles round trip, love my job and love my Ford Edge but it's just no longer economically sound. Elio looks like the solution but I don't know if I'll fit. Their website says they fit a 6" 8' guy, I'm 6" 9'. Just an inch but tall guys tend to be lanky, I'm just proportionately large. Any success stories for tall guys out there?
Hi and welcome from Oregon, johnnykilo. I will be leaving for the Portland event in a few hours so I will ask specifically what they have available for us to share with you - videos, stories, etc. I did see a short video of David getting into and out of the Elio. That was something to see. He had made an earlier comment that he liked it because he could actually see signals without ducking his head. Hopefully I will be able to report back with some information specifically for you. :-) Z

johnnykilo

Reaction score
Much appreciated zelio, thanks for the quick response. Who is David? (is that a username on this forum or a given name?). Enjoy the event! I didnt hear about Elio until a few days after the Chicago event last month so I missed it. I did see in the Illinois forum that there's a guy 7" 4' who's all in. I posted there as well. Also, is Elio pronounced with a short E or long E? ("eel e o" or "l e o"). Thanks

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Much appreciated zelio, thanks for the quick response. Who is David? (is that a username on this forum or a given name?). Enjoy the event! I didnt hear about Elio until a few days after the Chicago event last month so I missed it. I did see in the Illinois forum that there's a guy 7" 4' who's all in. I posted there as well. Also, is Elio pronounced with a short E or long E? ("eel e o" or "l e o"). Thanks
Eeeeeeeee leeeeeeee oh. :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Johnnykilo, welcome from New Mexico and to this merry band of Elio enthusiasts. Use the forum search function to quickly find the answers to most of your questions or ask and one of the friendly helpful members will try to answer it for you. Welcome again and enjoy the Elio experience.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, and since I am getting ready to walk out the door to go to Portland I don't have time to check, David is the 7'4" member. :-) Z

ICret

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm not extremely tall, 5'11", but I would probably be considered "proportionately large" too. I sat in P4 and wasn't uncomfortable at all. To me it was like sitting in a single seat aircraft, but more comfortable. There was sufficient elbow room and plenty of leg and head room. I didn't feel cramped at all. If at all possible, go see it and try it out. You'll like it!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not extremely tall, 5'11", but I would probably be considered "proportionately large" too. I sat in P4 and wasn't uncomfortable at all. To me it was like sitting in a single seat aircraft, but more comfortable. There was sufficient elbow room and plenty of leg and head room. I didn't feel cramped at all. If at all possible, go see it and try it out. You'll like it!
Don't know how big is big but I am 6' 240 pounds and have plenty of room in the P3. Haven't had an opportunity to sit in the P4 yet but as I understand it is as big as the P3 model.

Top Bottom