• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Maintenance Questions..

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how far that will get you, every time I have read that someone went to their local Pep Boys and asked about the Elio they were met with odd stares and "wtf is an Elio?" questions, lol :eek:
Here's a marketing idea for Elio Motors & Pep Boys.........Huge wall posters in their stores and customer service center waiting areas.........Elio the future of transportation.............actual video........Models or all of the above. How many customers stroll through Pep Boys everyday...........potential Elio customers.........1000's. Pep Boys should also use Elio images in all of their print and/or TV advertising.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a life size cardboard cutout that would draw attention at PepBoys!
image.jpg

Along with a side profile view....................of Elio the vehicle.........not Elio the person.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a marketing idea for Elio Motors & Pep Boys.........Huge wall posters in their stores and customer service center waiting areas.........Elio the future of transportation.............actual video........Models or all of the above. How many customers stroll through Pep Boys everyday...........potential Elio customers.........1000's. Pep Boys should also use Elio images in all of their print and/or TV advertising.
Additionally, Pep Boys should include an announcement in all their advertising that they are the exclusive service provider for the Elio. They also need to do some employee awareness training.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Additionally, Pep Boys should include an announcement in all their advertising that they are the exclusive service provider for the Elio. They also need to do some employee awareness training.
Exactly........and Pep Boy's Employees are potential Elio customers too. Another idea: One of the P5 Prototypes should be on display at Pep Boy Stores..........on a scheduled rotation basis.

Last edited:

toxotes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How does one jack up a three wheeled car, and properly stabilize it, in their garage?
Do professional shops need a special lift. Does pep boys have this capability?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How does one jack up a three wheeled car, and properly stabilize it, in their garage?
I have read some posts that suggested pulling in from the exit door over the pit and stopping before the rear tire falls into the pit. My nearest shop does not have a pit. I have actually talked to them about the Elio but they are of the "big honkin truck" driver group who are absolutely sure I am nuts and this will never happen. LOL I can't wait to take mine in to show them when I get it. :-) Z

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Jack it up the same way as any other car. There will be jacking points at the four corners of the chassis between the wheels. Most standard two-post lifts have more than enough reach for the arms to get to both sides of the body just in front of the rear wheel and just behind the front wheels. At 1250 lb, the lifts will have to work harder to lift their own arms than they will to lift the Elio.

Pep boys already has standard two-post lifts, so yes they have the capability.

BTW I have a Snap-On mid-rise (scissor) lift in my own garage and foresee zero difficulty getting the Elio into the air.

Top Bottom