• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Maintenance Software

azurehenfruit

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having been a lifelong auto maintenance and record keeping fanatic, I look forward to starting over with my new Elio. I am reflecting on the many forms of paper records that I have kept, and I have recently been searching for software that will keep records, issue reminders, and calculate costs and fuel mileage.

So far, the only possibility that I have found is antiquated, and it just locked up in my computer, so I cannot see that I will use it.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...I have recently been searching for software that will keep records, issue reminders, and calculate costs and fuel mileage.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

I'd be interested in the same thing. Always used a spreadsheet, but an App work work too. I just searched the Apple App Store for "Car Maintenance" and surprisingly there were only 4 to choose from. They were priced free, $4.99, $5.99 and $9.99 so I'll look at them in more detail later. I'd really like the data to be exportable.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd be interested in the same thing. Always used a spreadsheet, but an App work work too. I just searched the Apple App Store for "Car Maintenance" and surprisingly there were only 4 to choose from. They were priced free, $4.99, $5.99 and $9.99 so I'll look at them in more detail later. I'd really like the data to be exportable.
I like that idea a lot. I have always kept the hard copies of everything done but then I have to sort through 14 years of records to find out when or if something was done. LOL I did finally break it down into two folders - major repairs and routine service. That makes it a lot easier. But an App would seem to be a lot simpler. Not that that would stop me from keeping the paper records. LOL :-) Z

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I simply scan my service records for my current car into pdf files, and save them in a numerical order. I back it up in case of loss, and throw away all of the physical paperwork. Cheap, and easy. Most scanners will scan into pdf, so other than a backup hard drive which isn't too expensive, I also use GoodSync to backup my files. Works like a charm.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I simply scan my service records for my current car into pdf files, and save them in a numerical order. I back it up in case of loss, and throw away all of the physical paperwork. Cheap, and easy. Most scanners will scan into pdf, so other than a backup hard drive which isn't too expensive, I also use GoodSync to backup my files. Works like a charm.
That only works if you have a scanner. My only printer is the same age as my car. It definitely does not scan. LOL :-) Z

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ditto. I scan to pdf and keep by date.

That only works if you have a scanner. My only printer is the same age as my car. It definitely does not scan. LOL :) Z
Time for an upgrade :D

azurehenfruit

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends, are you looking for "Free", "Low Cost" or "doesn't matter as long as it works?"

I am attracted to free or low cost. Having said that, I do realize that we get what we pay
for. The software that would not work for me was priced at $9.99, and was a
demonstration version. I have had good success with Shareware, but I have tried much
of it that I did not end up using.

Is this an opportunity for some of our computer experts to come up with something
specific for the Elio??

I do not have a smart phone, so I must rely on Windows software.

Top Bottom