• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want to express some empathy for your present condition. I pledge one rattle-can of yellow Rust-O-leum to help custom paint your Elio yellow. I am sure others will want to contribute one too. A simple recognition of your many valued contributions.
I'll throw in a roll of that blue masking tape you can use for the detailing work.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to express some empathy for your present condition. I pledge one rattle-can of yellow Rust-O-leum to help custom paint your Elio yellow. I am sure others will want to contribute one too. A simple recognition of your many valued contributions.
I have 3 or 4 spray can handles; I can toss one in; makes painting with a spray car just like using a spray gun. :thumb:

eliio21783

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
So to go back to the original topic...........Manufacturing Rate. How many vehicles are expected to be coming off the assembly line per day? I guess if we take the 100 Pre-Production vehicles - how many days will this take and then do the PRODUCTION vehicles start right away? Anyone have any thoughts?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So to go back to the original topic...........Manufacturing Rate. How many vehicles are expected to be coming off the assembly line per day? I guess if we take the 100 Pre-Production vehicles - how many days will this take and then do the PRODUCTION vehicles start right away? Anyone have any thoughts?
I wouldn't expect production to start immediately after the pre-production is complete. There has to be time to observe the test production vehicles and time to respond by making the minimal design changes to eliminate nuisance issues on both the vehicles and assembly line as well as a ramp up time for parts suppliers. They already have to have started with the 25 car E series build and the Fleet 100 is another 100 cars worth of components.

It's like watching a locomotive pulling a long train rather than a drag racer. You start with the rattles as the links work their way toward the back.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect production to start immediately after the pre-production is complete. There has to be time to observe the test production vehicles and time to respond by making the minimal design changes to eliminate nuisance issues on both the vehicles and assembly line as well as a ramp up time for parts suppliers. They already have to have started with the 25 car E series build and the Fleet 100 is another 100 cars worth of components.

It's like watching a locomotive pulling a long train rather than a drag racer. You start with the rattles as the links work their way toward the back.
Also none of this is worked in a vacuum.
Meaning that lots of things
will be done concurrently as the
project progresses. EM is is a
rigorous planner and will do as
much as their funds will allow.

Last edited:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You going to make the coffee too? :tea:
OOOO! We'll need a GOOD coffee then! May I recommend Mystic Monk Coffee? It's blended, roasted, and packaged by monks in Wyoming -- it's how they support themselves. I can PERSONALLY recommend Cowboy Blend. I once gave a sample of this to one of my co-workers. She made it the next Saturday morning, brewing it just the way she brewed her usual commercial coffee. She told me on Monday that she was AMAZED at how much work she got done that morning! She was especially amazed at how she didn't need a ladder to reach the ceiling lights.

Top Bottom