• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody really know when they will start filling order and deliver their cars to customers,,,
No sooner than after the 100 fleet vehicles are delivered to provide proof of concept (funding element for ATVM) Scheduled in Dec 2016. Probably closer to half a year for feedback, redesign and funding. Summer 2017 seems likely and if production goes well, the reservation customers should all have them before the end of 2017.

But that's the best case scenario and there are many hurdles still to overcome.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
When is the exact start of the first 45 days they talked about?

There's too many variables at this point. Unfortunately for us.

And the following statements are in very wet, may-take-a-year-to-dry cement...

Funding is not in place, though a tour employee stated that funding will be acquired even without the ATVM loan.

The plan is to have 25 test vehicles built and testing completed by 4th qtr of this year.

100 vehicles will be built in Shreveport starting in December of this year. They are going to fleet customers.

We've not heard anything about how long it will take to build them, nor how long it will take to get feedback collected. At some point after that, we HOPE production will begin.

Here's one fact: since I've been following Elio Motors in early 2014, the date for production has always been around 10-18 months out. So since today is in the month of June, many of us are guessing that it will be 10-18 months from now when production starts.

But it's ONLY A GUESS. lol

:banplease: :brushteeth: :der: :faint:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's too many variables at this point. Unfortunately for us.

And the following statements are in very wet, may-take-a-year-to-dry cement...

Funding is not in place, though a tour employee stated that funding will be acquired even without the ATVM loan.

The plan is to have 25 test vehicles built and testing completed by 4th qtr of this year.

100 vehicles will be built in Shreveport starting in December of this year. They are going to fleet customers.

We've not heard anything about how long it will take to build them, nor how long it will take to get feedback collected. At some point after that, we HOPE production will begin.

Here's one fact: since I've been following Elio Motors in early 2014, the date for production has always been around 10-18 months out. So since today is in the month of June, many of us are guessing that it will be 10-18 months from now when production starts.

But it's ONLY A GUESS. lol

:banplease: :brushteeth: :der: :faint:

I'm HOPING to "have" mine in 18 months :p

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like mine as soon as possible. LOL. Of course, this Hyundai Elantra isn't turning out so bad. It's kind of an old man car though.. (sigh) I've had trucks or tuned suspensions most of my life, so this bouncing Betty car kind of throws off my mojo..

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody really know when they will start filling order and deliver their cars to customers,,,
Nightvisions, welcome from sunny New Mexico. That's a question many of us have been asking for a long time. All I can say is Patience, Patience, Patience. Doesn't really help much but there isn't much else we can do. Welcome to the Elio family and enjoy the forum

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know. I was using "coilover" to mean upgraded aftermarket coilovers as opposed to the stock setup. I apologize for not being clearer with my words.

No problem. I don't know your level of understanding for various vehicles and took it into consideration when replying. Sometimes it looks snooty as an answer, but I don't tend in that direction. "If" I post snarky, it's usually not hard to tell I'm being an ass. LOL.

Top Bottom