• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is 10/1/16 now the earliest possible delivery date ( or start of production)
Below is a note sent to Elio through their web page:

Is fourth quarter of 2016 now the official delivery for Elio's. How firm is that? I really think you owe it to your loyal supporters to make IMPROVING the delivery date a priority. Supporters like me: 2 reserved and 1,400 shares BOUGHT, and I handed out home-made flyers with Halloween candy). I think it is time for Paul Elio and the Elio management group to make it as high a priority as 84 mpg or $6,800. My initial reservation was on 11/14/2014 with a revised target of fourth quartet 2015 ( TODAY). I cannot explain to people why the date keeps moving. BIG question: will the date move again or more importantly, will you make holding the date an Extremely high priority. Simple KPI, pick three top managers and tell them they will be fired on 11/1/16 if the assembly line is not producing X number of autocycle per week. ( or, you could use bonuses). I, and I think most other supporters, owe you a great debt for all your work in bringing the Elio to fruition, and a year ago, it would have been arrogant to ask for faster delivery. We owed you; but now, after all the support we have given, you are starting to owe us. We have done our part. Not me, but struggling working people, need this vehicle NOW

I don't want to be impolite, but I believe Dr. Ernest Moniz will have more impact on that than 3 random managers out of a total paid staff of ( I think ) 17 total employees. Threatening people who are already doing all they can is not a helpful strategy.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would have been better to change the scale of the Elio manufacture and price. If the Elio was planned to be produced at a much lower volume, and higher price, we would be driving one already. When I had first seen an Elio, my first thought was how can it be built at such a low price, and that it seemed worth double the suggested cost.
We have to be patient if we desire an inexpensive Elio....

It wouldn't matter as Elio design isn't 100% ready for production. I would rather wait and have a fully flushed out vehicle than one with manufacturing and design defects. Having a less than OEM quality vehicle will hurt Elio's reputation

Delays are bad but it happens to the best of them Elio is no different

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An interesting FB response by Elio Motors today related to production timeline.

timeline.png

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Right, PE said Q4 2016 at the P5/E1 reveal; the website says Q4 2016; and just like any other legal document (the SEC filing) it all makes sense to the ones involved and it's completely confusing to everyone else. I think they design them to be like that.
I believe the Q4 2016, and no matter what anyone else thinks or says, I will continue that belief until then.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want to throw something into the logistics question that was recently brought up.

The question was basically how Elio was going to ship so many vehicles.

I don't profess to being the smartest logistician out there nor even a particularly good one. But, I DO have experience with General Motors at that manufacturing plant that Elio is going to be using.

How will Elio ship so many vehicles? The same way GM did... rail, truck, etc. This is no logistical trick. It's been done before at one vehicle per 54 seconds for many years. Elio will be able to follow suit to get the vehicles to the marshalling centers.

From the marshalling centers, it'll be an overnight drive to every store. Every store will have to sell 625 per week 50 weeks of the year. Optimistic? Yes. But, that's not the purpose of this discussion. 625 per week/6 days a week = 104 per day. So, that's 10 truck loads per store, right? Well, some of the stores are close. The Albuquerque distribution point can deliver to the Albuquerque store quite easily. (In fact, why not offer a $40 off an accessory if you pick it up at the distribution point vs. the store?) Anyway, since orders will be taken all day, all they have to do is wait till they have a truckload of orders for the Albuquerque store, prep them (it'll take a minute or so per car if they have a mini-production line set up where each station takes a minute or two. They could almost just roll the car to each station.), and load them on a truck. All the Albuquerque store Elios could actually be delivered by one truck going back and forth. The same goes for 6 other stores. 43 stores will need dedicated trucks delivering to them and that could be considerable.

Someone mentioned dead head trips where the truck comes back empty. Well, that could well be the situation with Elio. What do the other manufacturers do on the return trip? I see a lot of empty rail cars on trains. I would hope there would be no need to haul Elios BACK to Shreveport. Perhaps there are some manufacturers who need things shipped to Shreveport. I KNOW there are a ton of GM vehicles across the road from the Elio Plant as they still use it as a distribution plant.

Now that I'm thinking about it, perhaps it would be prudent for Elio to ship base models directly to the store on an as-required basis. Suppose BOB comes in and orders a bone-stock Red Hot Elio in manual. Could the Elio store say something like "Thanks for your order, Bob. It will be ready tomorrow by 5PM unless you would be willing to wait three days at which time we will take $100 off the price."? Of course, I used the 3 days as an example. Would Elio save by shipping directly to the store? Perhaps only if they had a truckful. What if the truck stopped at the distribution point, dropped most cars there, and then made a stop by the store on the way back to the factory?

Points to ponder, for sure.

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Right, PE said Q4 2016 at the P5/E1 reveal; the website says Q4 2016; and just like any other legal document (the SEC filing) it all makes sense to the ones involved and it's completely confusing to everyone else. I think they design them to be like that.
I believe the Q4 2016, and no matter what anyone else thinks or says, I will continue that belief until then.
At every prototype unveiling, Paul has said what the production date will be. The website repeated those statements. People believed those statements and made reservations, even though the reservation agreement was clear that those statements should not be relied upon. The current Preliminary Offering Circular and SEC filings have been very clear as to the financial history and position of Elio Motors. They are very clear in stating the investment risk.

Many people who believed Paul's statements and the website's statements, rather than believing the reservation agreement's warnings, and made reservations, later became unhappy when those beliefs became unfounded. We at this website have laughed at them for being so naive as to ignore the wording of the reservation agreement.

As a moderator, you should know the risk of believing statements made outside of the reservation agreement. You may find yourself on the darkside when the next production delay announcement happens. There are still no promises in the reservation agreement, and there are none in the stock purchase agreement. If you are saying that you made a reservation or purchased stock based on statements outside of those agreements, you are now appearing to justify the complaints made by the trolls and naysayers, who base their complaints upon their reliance on statements made by Paul, the website, or other Elio employees outside of the official reservation agreement. Dangerous territory, my friend.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It may be semantics, but "production" and "delivery" are two very different things. Let's keep calm heads......

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
At every prototype unveiling, Paul has said what the production date will be. The website repeated those statements. People believed those statements and made reservations, even though the reservation agreement was clear that those statements should not be relied upon. The current Preliminary Offering Circular and SEC filings have been very clear as to the financial history and position of Elio Motors. They are very clear in stating the investment risk.

Many people who believed Paul's statements and the website's statements, rather than believing the reservation agreement's warnings, and made reservations, later became unhappy when those beliefs became unfounded. We at this website have laughed at them for being so naive as to ignore the wording of the reservation agreement.

As a moderator, you should know the risk of believing statements made outside of the reservation agreement. You may find yourself on the darkside when the next production delay announcement happens. There are still no promises in the reservation agreement, and there are none in the stock purchase agreement. If you are saying that you made a reservation or purchased stock based on statements outside of those agreements, you are now appearing to justify the complaints made by the trolls and naysayers, who base their complaints upon their reliance on statements made by Paul, the website, or other Elio employees outside of the official reservation agreement. Dangerous territory, my friend.
Let's see, I made my All In deposit in 2013; when did you say you put yours in?
And I am stating my personal belief; I do not justify anyone else's belief's or disagreements.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Every store will have to sell 625 per week 50 weeks of the year. Optimistic? Yes. But, that's not the purpose of this discussion. 625 per week/6 days a week = 104 per day. So, that's 10 truck loads per store, right?

additional factor that might need to be added to the equation would be that it is highly unlikely that all stores will sell the same number of vehicles each day

Top Bottom