• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 10942 And yet more publicity for the Elio , article was actually about someone trying to register their Polaris slingshot.from the way the article sounds they are illegal.another
Where (what state) did they buy their Slingshot?
That dealer should have the information where it can and can't be registered.
If the dealer told the buyer it would be fine (legal) in RI, but when he went to register it he (the buyer) gets turned away, he should be able to go back to the dealer and get a full refund. But if the dealer told him it would be illegal in the buyers home state, the buyer gets to deal with what to do.

CherylM

Elio Fan
Reaction score
In light of the price lock in, does 65,000 have any significance to the expected manufacturing rate? They've already said that the $7,300 (or $7,000) applies only to nonrefundable reservation holders until nonrefundable + refundable is equal to 65,000. Does this mean that everyone with a reservation will get their Elio within the first 6 months followed by a price jump before sales to the general public, or is 65,000 all that is going to be produced in the first model year?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In light of the price lock in, does 65,000 have any significance to the expected manufacturing rate? They've already said that the $7,300 (or $7,000) applies only to nonrefundable reservation holders until nonrefundable + refundable is equal to 65,000. Does this mean that everyone with a reservation will get their Elio within the first 6 months followed by a price jump before sales to the general public, or is 65,000 all that is going to be produced in the first model year?
I don't think it means that, but the numbers may work out that way if production begins in late summer of 2017. Ramping up to 250,000/yr will likely make the 65,000 mark fall near the beginning of 2018 with production nearing full capacity.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about the "Limit" of 65,000. It's a common sales technique to CREATE a sense of urgency by LOUDLY announcing that it is a limited time offer. I laugh when I see five year old infomercials with such "urgency" in them.

Franklin3

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi
I am curious if anyone out there especially near the production plant is on the lookout for employment / recruiting ads by Elio? Seems to me a solid tel tail that they are starting to actively engage in production will be when Elio starts actively recruiting employees.
Not sure what other tel tails outside of press releases, blogs and other announcements there would be. I would be interested to hear other ideas.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi
I am curious if anyone out there especially near the production plant is on the lookout for employment / recruiting ads by Elio? Seems to me a solid tel tail that they are starting to actively engage in production will be when Elio starts actively recruiting employees.
Not sure what other tel tails outside of press releases, blogs and other announcements there would be. I would be interested to hear other ideas.
It won't take all that long to train the employees. I think they said like 6 weeks?

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi

They could turn on the lights.:yo:

Top Bottom