• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Meet Rasa

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cool design. But seems very impractical for any drive of distance or highway. That's what draws me to Elio. It will be great for practical living and driving. All these others look great, too, but are very limited on speed, safety features, and most importantly range.

Maybe because I live in the Dallas area. The DFW area is so spread out range is a huge factor.
I may have missed it, but have they finalized a gas tank size? Ten gallons would be awsome.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still that would have to be in a "hypermiler" style of driving. (all other circumstances being in harmony).
A very long time ago Elio changed there MPG predictions (as advertised) from a "definate 84 MPG" to "Up to 84 MPG. I am predicting That in "reality" the average person will be getting 73 MPG.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still that would have to be in a "hypermiler" style of driving. (all other circumstances being in harmony).
A very long time ago Elio changed there MPG predictions (as advertised) from a "definate 84 MPG" to "Up to 84 MPG. I am predicting That in "reality" the average person will be getting 73 MPG.
OMG.....not ONLY 73 :p

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
OMG.....not ONLY 73 :p
Yup, and then you get 584 miles per tankful.
That would only get me to Montana from my house (somewhere in the middle of the state) then I would have to try and find a gas station.
Ohhh the pain … ohh (cough cough) I would have to figure out a way to carry spare gas cans.
I got it!! Saddle Bags! Yeah, that would do it, I could carry an extra 10 gallons and then be able to do 1,314 miles at a stretch.
Woo Hoo , California here I come.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup, and then you get 584 miles per tankful.
That would only get me to Montana from my house (somewhere in the middle of the state) then I would have to try and find a gas station.
Ohhh the pain … ohh (cough cough) I would have to figure out a way to carry spare gas cans.
I got it!! Saddle Bags! Yeah, that would do it, I could carry an extra 10 gallons and then be able to do 1,314 miles at a stretch.
Woo Hoo , California here I come.
Which one they thinking of dividing California into 3 states, ya know sort-a like WA which is B.S.
Lay low heat wave coming!!

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I always get better mileage than advertised and I don't consider myself a hypermiler.
Tires inflated to specs,nothing removed from car, maintaining the speed limit. If driving the speed limit, not racing towards a red light and not making jackrabbit starts makes me a hypermiler I guess I am one.

Top Bottom