• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Messerschmitt

Andrew Hurst

Elio Fan
Reaction score
All I can think of when I look at this is the only way you could look good driving one of these is if you were Pokemon.

Or Cousin It from the Addams Family:
messerschmitt2.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just for a sport fun vehicle I certainly could see a Velosmitt dropped over top of a trike frame with a 250cc scooter drive. I've designed such things recently. I would, of course, go wider width and replace the fenders accordingly.
The complete Velomitt is $7k+. I imagine the body alone is comparably costly.
Likely such a project would cost more than sport-modding an Elio.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a contemporary German version, @ $150K & only avail. in Europe I don't
think Elio needs to worry...... http://revolution-green.com/300-mpg-vw-update/ :)
I read a write up on a automotive guy that did the write up on the car. Mostly good things to say, the one question and negative thing was the cameras for rearview purposes. He said he may get used to them after a while but seemed to make driving dicey in town. I'm more than happy with low tech mirrors!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just for a sport fun vehicle I certainly could see a Velosmitt dropped over top of a trike frame with a 250cc scooter drive. I've designed such things recently. I would, of course, go wider width and replace the fenders accordingly.
The complete Velomitt is $7k+. I imagine the body alone is comparably costly.
Likely such a project would cost more than sport-modding an Elio.
The prices for the V-mitt (are we talking about the blue velocipede above?) are in Euros so the single occupant price is $8000, tandem is $9300. Mmmm, I think, even though exercise is really good for you, I'll stick with the Elio and have money to spare for a really good bike! Oh, wait, I already have a good bike! Don't think I didn't take an admiring look at it, very cool.

Top Bottom