• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Metal...body?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
have you seen the current ads about flash lights made with "Military grade Aluminum"? They are so much better than an ordinary flash light.:D
I have them in a car, on two bicycles, a folding carbine, two rifles and a old Mossberg New Haven.
The bicycles and car go faster and the firearms shoot straighter!

Horn, we are highly discouraged from political discussion here that does not tie in with the Elio.
Therefore, certain terms are frowned upon... any variation of trump being one of them.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This all seems very imprecise. Maybe they should break out "Military Grade" into the various branches:

Army: Strong, cheap and available in mass quanitities, but heavy
Navy: Corrosion resistant
Air Force: Strong and light, but expensive
Marines: Suitable for almost any application and quick to get but only available in small quantities

But to be serious for a second, pretty much all of those "aircraft" or "military" grade aluminum marketing slogans are referring to 6061-T6 aluminum.

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please tell me that Military Grade Aluminum is running in this election...PLEASE
olvF94n.jpg

I don't know about MGA, but I know who's getting my vote..

DWood

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Putting aside any loss of fuel efficiency, wouldn't a full metal body be safer then having composite panels? I don't really have an opinion as to a preferred material for the Elio. Nor do I have much experience with it. Only owned 3 vehicles and the only one that (I think) had a metal body was a Subaru Brat pickup.

Top Bottom