• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Minimum Expectations

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you imagine an Elio in your driveway what are the minimum expectations that you have that would make you feel good about it.
Mine have got to be the lowest and the fewest, but what are yours. What would make you feel like you got an ok buy?

Mine: 1200 lbs of plastic and metal in the driveway.
When? I do not care. Actually the longer away the better because I don't need another car, at least for a few years. And the longer they wait to put something out the more time they have to get it right, and the more likely it will also be a complete mess. Which helps me out either way, because if it is delayed because they actually wanted to make it "right" then I am going to get a helluva ride for around $8000(yeah my expectation isn't $6800, but I will also want an automatic). And then again if this whole attempt to build the thing is a near complete bust then the "autocycle" will be a very collectible "autocycle." And will be unique enough to merit the 8 grand I will have spent on it, and the additional funds to keep it up to par.

So, my expectations: 1200lbs of plastic and metal by sometime.

quarkdude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
My expectations would be, Like your suggestion, 1200lbs of composite and metal. A hopeful good ride on the road from the back wheel. Durability and longevity of the engine - Transmission. But overall I just cant ignore that my drive to work and back would only require a fill up of 8 gallons every two months. That is only 6 fills ups of 8 gallons for a whole Y E A R.
- quarkdude

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
60+ mpg. I don't care what it weighs. Under $8k (plus tag/title/tax).

When: Fall of '15. The kid will be taking my car with him to college. If (by then) the Elio isn't either in my drive, or very obviously going to be in my drive soon, I'll be buying another car and writing my deposit off as lost money.

Travis Bertram

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Simple wants. Replace my motorcycle with something that gives me enclosed, heat, A/C, close gas milage to what I get now, and motorcycle HOV exemption. I am tired of frozen toes and fingers. Not to mention balancing wearing a suit and tie vs how much safety gear to wear.

Last edited:

cheapeto

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm drawn to the Elio's concept first and foremost.
I don't care about body style. I want to enter and exit with ease. I want to see well once inside of it. I want some *stuff* space.
I want to sit comfortably in the seat. I want it to handle well when driving it.
I want the interior to be more functional over faux leather/wood grains/or carpetting, simple bare maintinence access panels, would suite me fine.
I'll be happy, with whatever it morphs into.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What they promised. Style, don't really care. I would guess even more aerodynamic fine tuning, and I'm sure will outrage some people......well I don't want it to turn into a Corbin Sparrow looking thing.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I need an affordable car (under $10k) that will use much less than my current 20% of my paycheck on gas, keep me protected from the elements, and have space to store my work gear. Oh, and it has to fit in my tiny garage. :)

Top Bottom