• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V104

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you ask the question, Why did they do that? Always remember the 4 must haves.
The group 26 battery is the smallest (lightest) battery for the money. Yes the Miata and the group 151 batteries are smaller and lighter, but cost more. These are interstate batteries prices.
MT26 $118.95 with CCA 525
MX5 $130.95 with CCA 370
MT151R $154.95 with CCA 340
one option might have worked
SP40 lawn and garden with CCA 340 and sells for $59.95 , but only has 6 month warranty.
I like the choice they made.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you ask the question, Why did they do that? Always remember the 4 must haves.
The group 26 battery is the smallest (lightest) battery for the money. Yes the Miata and the group 151 batteries are smaller and lighter, but cost more. These are interstate batteries prices.
MT26 $118.95 with CCA 525
MX5 $130.95 with CCA 370
MT151R $154.95 with CCA 340
one option might have worked
SP40 lawn and garden with CCA 340 and sells for $59.95 , but only has 6 month warranty.
I like the choice they made.
Good research Johnny

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea of the battery in the rear mainly for handleing.
Been running a lawnmower battery in my G1 for about 6 years now. Second one. First for 4. COST $21.25.
Different type charging system though than the ELIO.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With 660 Amps, it should easily deliver enough power to the starter and all that jazz despite the extra length in the battery cables. My VTX1800's battery is only 331 CCA and it's an 1800CC two cylinder.
A few extra dollars invested in copper and CCA to insure performance and durability and to solve a number of issues. All in all... Bravo!

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would it have enough power for an electric motor in the rear wheel to improve acceleration for short bursts?

Sure it would. Just keep in mind that in the end all that energy comes from the alternator and the gasoline used to spin it. There will be no free lunch (or acceleration).

But where do we stop? Does that electric motor have regenerative capability? Where does the motor controller go? It's starting to get complex and expensive in here!

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure it would. Just keep in mind that in the end all that energy comes from the alternator and the gasoline used to spin it. There will be no free lunch (or acceleration).

But where do we stop? Does that electric motor have regenerative capability? Where does the motor controller go? It's starting to get complex and expensive in here!
I just thought of it being an add on, for people who want a bit of a boost for passing.

Top Bottom