• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V109

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, I guess move into the factory is "start of production" and "create jobs" comes later?
I'm sure plenty of robots, but folks are needed to start the production, so some jobs will be need at same time, not of course 1500.
How in heavens name are they gonna pay workers, suppliers? electric bill? lattes?
Any updates on the 100 units??

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would guess they'll hire 100-150 when they are ready to get the first few down the line. Those 150 will be line supervisors and people who are behind the scenes (payroll, HR, maintenance, line delivery, etc). Then, Elio will hire enough to get the first shift filled out and the line will start moving. Once they are at regular speed, they'll hire in people to shadow the line workers and it won't take long before those shadowers can start the second shift. Then, Elio would be at full capacity and will have 1,500 workers. They'll probably hover around 900 workers till that second shift gets going.

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elio should know how many they have to hire initially and when it's time to scale to full production. Based on the shared details of the assembly process from the two buildings, down to the second they know how many assemblers/painters/technicians and line supervisors they will need for half or full shifts. The office/administration does not need to grow that fast, and with more lines open, they will get more efficiency out of line supervisors.

I see the 1500 as a job target, not the initial minimum quantity of resources required. Anything less than that minimum may result is the appearance of process failure when in fact it's a resourcing self-inflicted failure. Over time, this initial group of line workers will be optimized, with more hires to follow. That's how I see it, and would choose to run it. But then again, I'm no Harvard business grad.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IIRR, Paul has already stated that it would be 1 shift, then two then three for production. Not trying to go into "full production" at once.

Willie

Top Bottom