• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V115

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing I didn't see much in the discussion, and is independent of the idea Elio was trying to exclude competition...

I think the primary concern was to entice voting on this bill, by being attractive to the public good. One of the many attractions was the crash worthiness that a full body provides. The front wheel stability is also what exposed a virtue to those writing laws, well that and such an inexpensive an efficient platform can be a benefit to the public at large, especially if cost effective insurance is enabled. None of those other 3-wheeled vehicles provided any of those benefits. Extending the bill to them would probably kill it off for good.

So any thinking at all about competition was 'non-sequitur'. I think the piggy back of any similar vehicle is likely to not be in the same low-cost business model. And as such would actually help promote the Elio, by engaging the public's imagination and acceptance.

Now if Elio were to get strong sales going at twice the price, now everybody would want to jump in the Autocycle game, including GM and Ford as well as Japan, China and Deutschland(even Bombardier in Canada).

Once this bill is done, no mater what happens to Elio, the door is open to this new market. In fact the door is even more open provided that Elio never arrives and the bill does. In fact the other potential makers would like no Elio's on the road and this bill complete, then they would consider it. That business would be profiled more like the 10k sales of the early BMW version of the Smartcar, sold at $30k-usd. They made good money for a few years with the early Smartcar.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing I didn't see much in the discussion, and is independent of the idea Elio was trying to exclude competition...

I think the primary concern was to entice voting on this bill, by being attractive to the public good. One of the many attractions was the crash worthiness that a full body provides. The front wheel stability is also what exposed a virtue to those writing laws, well that and such an inexpensive an efficient platform can be a benefit to the public at large, especially if cost effective insurance is enabled. None of those other 3-wheeled vehicles provided any of those benefits. Extending the bill to them would probably kill it off for good.

So any thinking at all about competition was 'non-sequitur'. I think the piggy back of any similar vehicle is likely to not be in the same low-cost business model. And as such would actually help promote the Elio, by engaging the public's imagination and acceptance.

Now if Elio were to get strong sales going at twice the price, now everybody would want to jump in the Autocycle game, including GM and Ford as well as Japan, China and Deutschland(even Bombardier in Canada).

Once this bill is done, no mater what happens to Elio, the door is open to this new market. In fact the door is even more open provided that Elio never arrives and the bill does. In fact the other potential makers would like no Elio's on the road and this bill complete, then they would consider it. That business would be profiled more like the 10k sales of the early BMW version of the Smartcar, sold at $30k-usd. They made good money for a few years with the early Smartcar.
Right now, "they" are making their money on trucks and SUV's. If "they" could they would get out of the small economical market.
When gas is relatively cheap and American people are working, we want big. Way too many stories to post here about this subject.
Now "they" are making SUV and Crossover hybrids to make us feel better about big too.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Top Bottom