• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V118

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't mean to disagree, but, my research from EM resources list two other suppliers .

That's why I was hoping they would say. Also a little bit tongue in cheek.
I stand corrected. :D I was assuming that EM would go with one of the top manufacturers (in volume) in order to get the lowest possible cost.

https://www.eliomotors.com/newtech-3/

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I look forward to the Elio blogs because it shows me there's still someone employed. Although the author of the blogs is never listed so it could be Paul writing them in his underwear. They are very tech oriented and he's an engineer so that could be. Except for one very odd blog about a year and a half ago. The grammar was so bad that I was convinced they had farmed out the blog to a Chinese firm. Very strange.

Today is National Lazy Day. Tomorrow is National Sons and Daughters Day. Let's see if they mention that in the Friday blog and suggest making a reservation for our sons and daughters. :yo:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Man, nothing like them running a little late with this

Elio Motors Momentum v118

go.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_elio16lft_profile_f_661x406.jpg_1bfee79d23c85ca11682c29e28b95d0e.jpg

As part of our journey, we endeavor to give our supporters an inside look at the parts and processes that come together to produce a new vehicle. Today’s Momentum will look at the wiring that powers the Elio.

Click here to read more!

*MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Page 2
The Elio Team posted: " When thinking about the components that make up a vehicle, there are several features that immediately come to mind. The engine, color, and transmission are likely headliners, however, there are hundreds of parts which do not garner top billing that are "

How We’re Wired
by The Elio Team

[Broken External Image]

When thinking about the components that make up a vehicle, there are several features that immediately come to mind. The engine, color, and transmission are likely headliners, however, there are hundreds of parts which do not garner top billing that are equally important to the vehicle’s functionality. As part of our journey, we endeavor to give our supporters an inside look at the parts and processes that come together to produce a new vehicle. Today’s Momentum will look at the wiring that powers the Elio.

[Broken External Image]

The Elio is approximately 14 feet long and 4 feet wide, and these dimensions contain around 946 feet (around 10 pounds) of wire. The connectors, terminals, and wire together weigh approximately 22 pounds. To assure the power reaches each component efficiently, the vehicle uses 3 fuse boxes and 55 fuses.

This wiring is indispensable in powering many vital systems of the Elio:

Safety: ABS Module for anti-lock brakes, SAS Module for airbags, Traction Control, sensors Windshield Wipers and Washer

Driving: Engine Control Module, Body Control Module, Transmission Control Unit

Convenience: Radio, Power Windows, Power Lock, HVAC, Dome Light, Keyless Entry

Lighting: Headlights, turn signals, brake

The wiring and electric output of the Elio is more than sufficient to power the standard features of the vehicle. We anticipate that many Elio owners will add options through our ePlus: My Elio, My Way option program. From preliminary research, we anticipate that some of the most popular options will include power and/or heated seats, a back-up camera, blind spot detection, remote start, fog lights, and a security system. When considering the wiring and electrical power of the Elio, our engineers have designed the Elio to be more than capable of powering these options.

In keeping with the Elio Motors value proposition, we can offer the necessary power requirements while keeping the price low. To accomplish this, we have optimized the wiring harness designs for length, wire gauge, breakouts, and conduit. Additionally, while the wiring in the average vehicle weighs approximately 50 pounds, the wiring in the Elio weighs significantly less. Less wiring results in a more affordable vehicle and removes weight, which is essential when considering our mileage goals.

The Elio’s wiring will be subjected to a variety of tests before a vehicle leaves the facility. Water and dirt are detrimental to a vehicle’s wiring, so the Elio will undergo thorough salt spray and longevity testing. Additionally, the wiring will be subjected to extreme temperatures to ensure it performs in all conditions.

Wiring may not instantly come to mind when thinking of a vehicle, but its importance cannot be overlooked. The Elio’s wiring will allow our vital systems to function, while also providing enough power for additional options. As we move down the path to alter transportation, we will continue to give you a look at the process, right down to the wire.

The Elio Team | August 9, 2017 at 6:55 pm

pixel.wp.com_b.gif_f772575f31fd220fbd25138e49753703.gif

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This wiring is indispensable in powering many vital systems of the Elio:

Wiring may not instantly come to mind when thinking of a vehicle, but its importance cannot be overlooked. The Elio’s wiring will allow our vital systems to function, while also providing enough power for additional options. As we move down the path to alter transportation, we will continue to give you a look at the process, right down to the wire.
So, does this mean that Elio will be drive-by-wire?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The steering and brakes are definitely traditional, but I don't recall hearing whether it will be a traditional throttle cable or throttle by wire. Has anyone heard any details on that?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because the Elio will be available with an automated manual transmission, the throttle will need to be "throttle by wire". The computer will need a way to modulate the throttle for shifting gears. On the bright side that means we get cruise control.

Top Bottom