• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V145

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There may be an increase of the gasoline tax in the near future. Today, we take a look at the issue.

Elio Motors Momentum v145

p5%20black.jpg

Today's Momentum takes a look at the ongoing debate regarding an increase in the gasoline tax, as well as some common sense car buying advice.

*MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation.

Certain statements in this email including, but not limited to, statements related to anticipated commencement of commercial production, targeted pricing and performance goals, and statements that otherwise relate to future periods are forward-looking statements. These statements involve risks and uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the Company’s periodic reports filed with the SEC, specifically the most recent reports which identify important risk factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made and based on information available to the Company on the date of this email. Elio Motors assumes no obligation to update the information in this email.

Elio Motors 2942 North 24th Street Suite 114-700 Phoenix, AZ 85016 US

[Broken External Image]

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Page 2
The Elio Team posted: " Paying the Tax Man Benjamin Franklin famously said that “Nothing is certain except but death and taxes.” This quote even applies to a stop at the gas station. Included in the price of a gallon of gasoline is an 18.4 cent federal gas tax. The gasoline tax"

The Gas Tax Debate and More
by The Elio Team

Paying the Tax Man Benjamin Franklin famously said that “Nothing is certain except but death and taxes.” This quote even applies to a stop at the gas station. Included in the price of a gallon of gasoline is an 18.4 cent federal gas tax. The gasoline tax has not changed since 1993, so it should […]

Read more of this post

The Elio Team | March 7, 2018 at 6:13 pm | Categories:

pixel.wp.com_b.gif_0a2c1bd8296de396c72f83a2058da103.gif

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Until they actually start doing something, Elio is still just making empty promises. One good thing about the wait is we can see how quickly the prototypes rust out from just sitting there. That's if we ever see them again. Still nothing on the tour schedule.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Until they actually start doing something, Elio is still just making empty promises. One good thing about the wait is we can see how quickly the prototypes rust out from just sitting there. That's if we ever see them again. Still nothing on the tour schedule.

Everyday Elio Motors gets further and further 'behind the power curve.' I maintain there is absolutely no, zero, nada, zilch, venture capitalist that has created a Non disclosure agreement that would so hobble a fledgling company. Also, it is equally inconceivable that anyone thinks that Elio has some design element that cannot be readily duplicated or probably even better engineered and proven. What's the present value of three to five obsolete derby racers, where is the, already invested, money? Where's Paul, where's Stu?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the proposed 25 cent per gallon tax on gas and potential victory for Elio at the end of the month, this is the perfect storm for investment in Elio Motors.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everyday Elio Motors gets further and further 'behind the power curve.' I maintain there is absolutely no, zero, nada, zilch, venture capitalist that has created a Non disclosure agreement that would so hobble a fledgling company. Also, it is equally inconceivable that anyone thinks that Elio has some design element that cannot be readily duplicated or probably even better engineered and proven. What's the present value of three to five obsolete derby racers, where is the, already invested, money? Where's Paul, where's Stu?

I absolutely agree with you!

The Elio saga has been deteriorating for at least two years...

It’s hard to believe that $150 million would not allow for a fully engineered & specification validated test mule...

Where did all the damn money go?

I’m patiently waiting for a post-mortem examination of Elio Motors... should prove to be a fascinating story!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think lots of the money went to changing the laws from state to state. You have to hire a lobbying firm to do that and they do not come cheap. Looking at the SEC filings, the tour and changing the laws ate up lots of cash. Plus, they dumped a boatload of money into the car in 2016 (I suspect that was to change the chassis to a unibody). That money was after they got the motor up and running.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the proposed 25 cent per gallon tax on gas and potential victory for Elio at the end of the month, this is the perfect storm for investment in Elio Motors.
I think that both of these items will do very little for Elio stock. The stock is next to worthless IMO. We will see after SEC report.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that both of these items will do very little for Elio stock. The stock is next to worthless IMO. We will see after SEC report.

Not only is Elio stock next to worthless...It’s basically illiquid...only 140 shares have traded by lunchtime today...

The lawsuit is just a sideshow...at this stage...doesn’t even matter...

The fact that they are delinquent with their SEC reporting says it all... and whoever heard of a CEO that hides from his customers & shareholders...definitely not a confidence builder!

I’m looking forward to having the whole Elio story reveal itself...

Last edited:
Top Bottom