• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V149

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By the way, what is the production date these days? Does one exist?

The latest mention of the production date that I could find in the Elio blogs was from January 5, 2018: https://www.eliomotors.com/bring-on-2018/

"While we work towards our target of starting production in 2019, we know that the upcoming year will be one of progress and forward momentum."

I think someone here on the forum sent them an email more recently and they stated the same, but I was not finding that in the search. But as of three months ago they were still saying 2019, but without funding we know that will not be able to happen.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It’s all ‘well and good’ that EM does anything, or at least, something. It’s even better when they tell us about it. This tee shirt idea finally has some merit, of course unless they try to sell them for the 25 bucks like the way early ‘promotions.’

One has to wonder tho, just who are these shirts for? It looks like EM is constantly humoring the ‘already sold,’ sure their ‘Momentum ‘ email distribution list includes ‘potential buyers,’ but potential buyers, AND more important Venture Capitalists ‘don’t care ‘bout no stinkin’ tee shirts.’ They want to sit in a car, drive the car, and, in the case of VCs, want to make some money. A tee shirt competition is just a diversion of energy (and attention).

Preaching to the choir isn’t going to help the numbers, nor is it going to get an unfinished design onto an assembly line. It’s publum for us, no benefit for the future.

We already have tee shirts, what’s next a bumper sticker contest?

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It’s all ‘well and good’ that EM does anything, or at least, something. It’s even better when they tell us about it. This tee shirt idea finally has some merit, of course unless they try to sell them for the 25 bucks like the way early ‘promotions.’

One has to wonder tho, just who are these shirts for? It looks like EM is constantly humoring the ‘already sold,’ sure their ‘Momentum ‘ email distribution list includes ‘potential buyers,’ but potential buyers, AND more important Venture Capitalists ‘don’t care ‘bout no stinkin’ tee shirts.’ They want to sit in a car, drive the car, and, in the case of VCs, want to make some money. A tee shirt competition is just a diversion of energy (and attention).

Preaching to the choir isn’t going to help the numbers, nor is it going to get an unfinished design onto an assembly line. It’s publum for us, no benefit for the future.

Maybe they are planning to sell 100 million of them, making $5 profit on each one. Wouldn't be their worst idea.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they are planning to sell 100 million of them, making $5 profit on each one. Wouldn't be their worst idea.

Maybe EM could partner with the #MeToo movement and sponsor a ‘wet tee shirt contest’! Now that would get them some notoriety and visibility!!

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tee shirts may be a good idea, but only if they are distributed from another party. Elio can't afford the manpower to do this kind of sale. The tee shirts would be a good way to spread the word about Elio, but I for one would not consider wearing one until they look like they might actually be able to start production. I have images of the Elio on the wall at work and visitors are always curious. I hate telling them that there is no telling when it might be made. Turns into a disappointment.

( I also find it ironic that Elon Musk is selling flamethrowers, which create pollution.)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Problem is, EM's #1 desire is to show and tell to the VCs rather than the choir, but I don't think they can find anyone other than the choir who willl listen to them.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why doesn’t Elio ever show any recent pics of the engineers with the 3 E-Series cars? I know it doesn’t take Teves and Red Dot a year and a half to get their jobs done. They did mention the engineers in the last blog, so they must be around and still employed. Just a pic of some engineer looking at it with a caliper and another standing there with a clip board thinking hard.
I believe engineering at this point is all consulting. That can easily be on hold from point to point.

I have 1 res all-in and two for the basic $100. One of those is to use as the donor for my Atlantric. But if my grandkids are out the door in a few years and no Elio, well I'll just find another 1liter(more or less) donor. Maybe a BMW or Moto-Guzzi motorcycle engine tacked onto a modified VW tranny.

Last edited:
Top Bottom