• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V154

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully not school bus or Caterpillar yellow. A whiter yellow would be nice. Personally I am leaning to white and then getting a custom paint job put on it. Large metal flake burnt orange maybe? Not sure about interior color. Will talk with the custom shop first before ordering. After they start making the Elio, I will determine which custom shop to use. Want something nice, but not too overboard. (No skulls or naked ladies). Basic art. Like some of the Silas Sunday designs maybe.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully not school bus or Caterpillar yellow. A whiter yellow would be nice. Personally I am leaning to white and then getting a custom paint job put on it. Large metal flake burnt orange maybe? Not sure about interior color. Will talk with the custom shop first before ordering. After they start making the Elio, I will determine which custom shop to use. Want something nice, but not too overboard. (No skulls or naked ladies). Basic art. Like some of the Silas Sunday designs maybe.

0A7188A9-97C4-47E7-9127-DAC3860D123B.jpeg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
White is a good base color to do just about anything over it, as for interior, since you are planning to change it, it doesn't matter what color you do, shops don't reuse anything of your old seat covering, they will pattern from it, but that's about all they use of the old covers. So it really doesn't matter what color you get, the tan may be best if you're going to stay in that general color group.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio being considered a motorcycle by the insurance companies is very misleading. You think the insurance companies are only going to go off one detail, the three wheels to make their determination? I think not. For one, the Elio is not a seasonal vehicle. It will be used in bad weather. That increases the risks. Two things in it's favor are the low purchase price and therefore it's replacement value, and the fact it it costs less than many motorcycles. I do think the government will make a autocycle category and that as a result, the insurance companies will make a new category also.

The other thing about the Momentum that isn't quite right is that the average new car bought has options whereas the Elio is the base cost. Most will have options added and that will shift the numbers a little to the new car side. Still, the Elio will be a great deal if they ever get to making them.

There is actually quite a precedent for it being a cycle. The same laws that let Elio bypass many car regulations will also make the Elio an "autocycle" which is a subclass of motorcycles. To change that would be to make the Elio and other three wheelers illegal.

That said the Elio will likely be cheap to insure car or otherwise.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is actually quite a precedent for it being a cycle. The same laws that let Elio bypass many car regulations will also make the Elio an "autocycle" which is a subclass of motorcycles. To change that would be to make the Elio and other three wheelers illegal.

You need to remember, these are forward looking statement and not to be confused as fact. Just like:

Elio gets up to 84 mpg - Elio does not get 84 mpg
Elio targeted cost of $7450 - Elio does not cost $7450
Elio is expected to be insured as a motorcycle - Elio is not insured as a motorcycle

These could be true in the future but until they are not, right now and if they don't hit those criteria, you can't complain. Right now, if the press assumes these are fact and repeats it over and over again, it becomes fact in many peoples minds. This is why we have a forward looking statement boilerplate.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The only important information to rely on as fact are the SEC reports. I hope that Paul will be forced to release the SEC year end, which he is required to do. As of Monday, the SEC will have the power to freeze stock trading. Not likely, but with all the questionable stuff going on now, who knows.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My comment was meant mostly for how the insurance companies will see Elio. That can be found by how they insure current 3 wheel autocylces. The Polaris models, Morgan, the SAM etc.. To them in most states those are the same as a motorcycle with a sidecar. If the electric models and Elio make 3 wheelers more common laws may be re-visited.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only important information to rely on as fact are the SEC reports. I hope that Paul will be forced to release the SEC year end, which he is required to do. As of Monday, the SEC will have the power to freeze stock trading. Not likely, but with all the questionable stuff going on now, who knows.
Agree 100%.

Top Bottom