• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V69 - Accessories

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've looked at the image of the bike rack and the bike on the Elio many times, and it just now hit me: where does the front wheel get carried in that scenario? Ain't no room for it in the trunk. :D
:rolleyes:Could always use a bungee core and strap it to your bikes upper cross member; which would be better than hanging it over a side view mirror (yet when in a bind that would work also. :D
Good luck brain storming my Elio friend. My, my 84 mpg highway, that is just Grand. Thank you Paul Elio.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
and yet carpet is optional... :dizzy::clock:

My guess is that since the Elio will likely be drive-by-wire then the ECU they went with already had the cruise control feature built in. So the cost to include it would be a steering wheel or signal stalk with the cruise buttons. Maybe their supplier cut them a price break if they only went with controls that had the cruise buttons instead of two models?

That is only theory of course, but I bet it came down to being about the same price if they included it or not. And being included standard makes the vehicle feel legit and looks really nice on the "standard features" list when advertised.

When I helped a neighbor add cruise control to his Smart, the kit just came with a new replacement steering wheel stalk with the cruise buttons, a dash LED, and a small matchbox-sized box that plugged into the gas pedal. But since that kit came with a "speed booster" which changes the signal levels coming from the pedal, that might have been what the box was for and maybe he only needed the replacement stalk. Either way, it was easy to add since the ECU already knew how to do cruise control.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is that since the Elio will likely be drive-by-wire then the ECU they went with already had the cruise control feature built in. So the cost to include it would be a steering wheel or signal stalk with the cruise buttons. Maybe their supplier cut them a price break if they only went with controls that had the cruise buttons instead of two models?

That is only theory of course, but I bet it came down to being about the same price if they included it or not. And being included standard makes the vehicle feel legit and looks really nice on the "standard features" list when advertised.

When I helped a neighbor add cruise control to his Smart, the kit just came with a new replacement steering wheel stalk with the cruise buttons, a dash LED, and a small matchbox-sized box that plugged into the gas pedal. But since that kit came with a "speed booster" which changes the signal levels coming from the pedal, that might have been what the box was for and maybe he only needed the replacement stalk. Either way, it was easy to add since the ECU already knew how to do cruise control.
With all of those components, what did that kit cost him? And how long did it take you to install it (not including breaks)?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all of those components, what did that kit cost him? And how long did it take you to install it (not including breaks)?

I think it was this one from Smart Madness for $499: http://smartmadness.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=360 There was apparently another aftermarket manufacturer that had a cheaper model but it did not get as good reviews and did not have the "speed boost" box.

Install was about half an hour. Just a couple of screws to get the steering wheel cover off, a couple plastic bolts holding the gas pedal down, and drilling a hole in the dash for the LED. That was the scariest part since he wanted me to do the drilling. I hate drilling into other people's cars but fortunately I did not leave a long scratch mark all the way down his dash. There was a 50/50 chance of that, knowing my track record. You should see me with a Dremel anywhere near a motorcycle frame, it is carnage.

Top Bottom