• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

More Comments From Patrick Byrne Regarding Sto’s...(eliocoin)...

Thomas Malkin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This obviously is a great time for an Elio. Government loans won't be necessary with everyone desperate for a cheap vehicle to provide relief from almost $4 gas already on the island. So stupid... they buy their big SUV & trucks when gas was under $3. Hurry up already with the Eliocoin... I'm to tired to hele on the motorcycle with my surfboard everyday I don't have to go work.

The window is narrow and Elio is not only on the ropes, it's on the floor outside the ring being kicked in the ribs by its fans.

I keep thinking: this would be an excellent move. Elio and Tesla. Hear me out:

Elio needs a couple hundred million. Tesla has that.
Elio didn't get the ATVM loan Tesla got. Fellow traveller in distress appeal.
Tesla gets: a partnership name in the low-end market that currently it has no plans for. Tesla could use a little everyman appeal. Tesla gets a profit from possibly selling electric minimotors to Elio.
Elio gets: single-seater super-cheap cars out. Possibly...with wee Tesla motors and batteries. Very small, very much cheaper than the big ones in Teslas.
We get: our Elios. There are 65,000 reservation holders. That's a huge number.
Shreveport gets: their factory working again.
The universe gets: a moral victory.
The ATVM program gets: a merciful death. Or unmerciful; I am up for unmerciful.
Now, perhaps Elio could make a deal to make both gas and Tesla-powered Elios. Everyone wins there. The electric ones may be, say, $17,000-$20,000 bucks. I'd pay that. The gas ones would stay around $9,000.
I may just tweet Musk about this.

Last edited:

ElioWallSteet

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The window is narrow and Elio is not only on the ropes, it's on the floor outside the ring being kicked in the ribs by its fans.

I keep thinking: this would be an excellent move. Elio and Tesla. Hear me out:

Elio needs a couple hundred million. Tesla has that.
Elio didn't get the ATVM loan Tesla got. Fellow traveller in distress appeal.
Tesla gets: a partnership name in the low-end market that currently it has no plans for. Tesla could use a little everyman appeal. Tesla gets a profit from selling the minimotors to Elio.
Elio gets: single-seater super-cheap cars out. Possibly...with wee Tesla motors and batteries. Very small, very much cheaper than the big ones in Teslas.
We get: our Elios. There are 65,000 reservation holders. That's a huge number.
Shreveport gets: their factory working again.
The universe gets: a moral victory.
The ATVM program gets: a merciful death. Or unmerciful; I am up for unmerciful.
Now, perhaps Elio could make a deal to make both gas and Tesla-powered Elios. Everyone wins there. The electric ones may be, say, $17,000-$20,000 bucks. I'd pay that. The gas ones would stay around $9,000.
I may just tweet Musk about this.

Since the Elio is a rather simple vehicle with no proprietary technology...Tesla...or any other existing major gobal automotive manufacturer...could easily bring a Elio copycat vehicle to the market in very timely fashion...

No need to involve Elio Motors in the process...or assume their debt load...

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla would be a good investor, for Elio that is. I fail to really see what Tesla would get from it. I think it's a market they don't want. That said it would be nice for Elio to add Tesla dealers to the supply chain. It would reduce costs to get the car delivered. It won't happen but if you think Elon might bight by all means try.

Elon is rich and really only cares about other rich people buying expensive cars. He has no clue what normal life is like.

Thomas Malkin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Since the Elio is a rather simple vehicle with no proprietary technology...Tesla...or any other existing major gobal automotive manufacturer...could easily bring a Elio copycat vehicle to the market in very timely fashion...

No need to involve Elio Motors in the process...or assume their debt load...

Except that they aren't, it seems. A few are doing it: Sondors, that outfit in Canada. But they won't enter mass-production any time soon. And they've no experience in mass-production, which is a brutal experience, by all examples.

Elio's advantages are:
Everyone knows who they are by now, for bad or good.
Their autocycle is ready. Molds and specs done. Just add money and stir.
The factory is literally sitting idle waiting to spit out the things.
It has a hell of a motivated management team with industry experience waiting like horses stalled at a racing gate.
It has 65,000 *paid* reservations of people who not only want an Elio, but have been waiting since the mid-early 20-teens. That is a hell of a thing.

Elio is ready with the car, the team, the tech, the factory, the customers. It doesn't get any easier. Starting over from scratch will take years. And Tesla at present has flatly refused to enter the low-profit segment of cars, says it never will. For public relations, and to stick a finger in Ford's eyes, simply tossing a couple hundred million to Elio to bring out a wee electric powerhouse would cement Tesla's lead in electric cars. And best of all, Tesla doesn't have to lift a finger to produce a Elio-Tesla. It'll just pop out of Shreveport on its own.

ElioWallSteet

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elio is ready with the car, the team, the tech, the factory, the customers. It doesn't get any easier. Starting over from scratch will take years.

I respectfully disagree... there are scores of gobal automotive manufacturers that could have an Elio style vehicle fully developed in under a year...

Actually...Elio does not have “the tech”...that was all developed by subcomponent manufacturers...all global automotive manufacturer have access to these companies...very simple process to duplicate an Elio Vehicle...

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The dream of making a car that will provide 20K jobs, reduce oil consumption by 0.5%, help the poor get back on their feet and turn around the economy of Shreveport.

So basically business as usual. Haven't we been in this position for years? Why now all the danger warning warning " do your homework " sky is falling cow pucky? Obviously Elio cant seem to get traditional means of funding and has tried, trying, non traditional means. I dont get why the Elio coin is such a lightning rod. Sometimes "wall street" folks need to relax. But I digress, seeing as there is nothing else to hem and haw regarding the production of the Elio we are stuck with what we have.

Top Bottom