• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Most Comfortable Long Distance Highway Vehicle

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Beemer has very good seats. For a start, they are leather, and heated. They have inflatable lumbar supports which can be motored up and down to the place you find most comfortable. The upper side bolsters also inflate to stop you sliding sideways. The whole seats move vertically and can be tilted. There is an adjustable front bolster to provide under thigh support.

Thankfully, the first owner paid, not me!
OMG I was just thinking I can't even imagine what that would cost. LOL :-) Z

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, those seats probably cost a large amount. Thankfully, in UK, BMWs depreciate a huge amount after about five years, especially the larger engined ones, so I got a bargain after some company director got his new car. According to the factory bill of sale, the car had every extra that was available at the time for that model. I think the American term is "fully loaded".

I actually went to buy a very nice Z4, but didn't like it after a short test drive, so bought this car instead, after spotting it for less money at the side of the same forecourt.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Much cheaper to sew two strings on your roll and tie them around the head rest adjusting the roll to the height you find best for you.....
I have considered using velcro but simply have not gotten around to doing it. After all, I don't even think of it except when I need it. I'll have to see if I have some appropriate string around here because that doesn't have to be sewn. Thanks for the suggestion. LOL :-) Z

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have considered using velcro but simply have not gotten around to doing it. After all, I don't even think of it except when I need it. I'll have to see if I have some appropriate string around here because that doesn't have to be sewn. Thanks for the suggestion. LOL :) Z
One of the things I have done when driving other vehicles is simply to roll the towel around the string the tie it up.....

Kegger

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My Beemer has very good seats. For a start, they are leather, and heated. They have inflatable lumbar supports which can be motored up and down to the place you find most comfortable. The upper side bolsters also inflate to stop you sliding sideways. The whole seats move vertically and can be tilted. There is an adjustable front bolster to provide under thigh support.

Thankfully, the first owner paid, not me!
I love those types of BMW Seats!
We had a 7 series here where I work for a little bit (used) and I could not get over the seats. You basically had a customer tailored seat by the end of it all!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, I've owned so many cars but I think my F350 has the most quiet, calm ride of all of the others. Granted the others mostly fit into either the sport category or the cheaper end of the scale. Wait, that Mazda 626 was pretty comfortable on the highway but it was so unreliable that I couldn't relax in it. So, yes, my F350. Believe it or not, the diesel in it is inaudible at highway speeds and you can hold a whispered conversation while cruising along at 70.

Top Bottom