• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycle Question

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. I got the official numbers 182 without paint protection they gave me the numbers and said it was freight and build and tax tag title. My interest is 2.95 and only 901 over the whole loan. Suggestions?
CHILL!!!!

(this comes from the heart) (you asked for our opinion)

Take a few Steps back, and Know that the new will wear Off in a month, the payments will go on, seemingly, For Ever.

It sounds like you are 'Fixated' with this one bike.

There are many more bikes out there to consider, at a much better price/value.

It appears that this 'Dealer' was prepared to 'Take You To The Cleaners' on the jump.

I would not buy a 'T' shirt, from them nor Ever go back after that.

Now they're trying to salvage a deal after you have shown some reluctance.

That would only tell you that what I/we say is a 'Truism'.

As you stated, your five ten, can you 'Flat Foot' this bike while astride at a stop?

I had a Honda 1100, built much like an 883, at 5/11 I laid it down several times, as it was Too Tall for me. In a level parking lot it might work but out riding, there would be times that you would encounter more adverse conditions. A stop over a dip could add several inches to your reach for the ground. Bang!!, you've Laid your New bike, and possibly you're wife/gf, Down. Think about that.

Some have said 'Run away' from this deal, I suggest, Don't Go Back, to that Harley dealer.

Take this for what it may be worth, but Think!!!!!

It's your life/bike/wife/gf. I Hope you make the right decision!!!!!!!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. I got the official numbers 182 without paint protection they gave me the numbers and said it was freight and build and tax tag title. My interest is 2.95 and only 901 over the whole loan. Suggestions?
On a 883 don't pay dealer setup or freight. This late in the year if it is still on the floor they need to move it. .
As for all the extras like extend warranty, paint, tiers and service plans they are not a worth while investment. The extend warranty can be but only if you ride a lot of miles.

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "901 over the whole loan", but now it appears the deal is 60x$182+$1k down = $11,900 total cost with no goodies. Still a bit stiff for a bike that lists at $8,400.

New 2015s hit the Dealers' showroom floors last week, and'14s immediately dropped in value, so you should be able to press this dealer HARD. As Smitty pointed out, 883s are going for less than list - you should do at least as good. Sold listings on eBay show 1 year old Sportsters selling for $6-7k, so I'd check that out before buying new (cuz I really don't think you'll be keeping an 883 very long, yourself). Or you can wait for an Elio.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started riding when I was eleven and now I am ,well, more mature . Right now I have four motorcycles and am planning to sell 3 of them and all that cash will be used for the Elio and up grades. Can't wait, where in the hell am I in line,I am having withdrawals and may have to go into rehab at the Elio factory.
o_O
OMG and you just joined us? You are truly in a bad way. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok now... my mind has changed.... Harley gave me a kick butt deal

Suggestions on what you would do

---- They are going to include the basic Safety course
---- The Advanced Course
---- Full gear for me
---- a 2014 883 Iron with front mount controls
---- New screamin eagle pipes with Stage 1 tuning
---- Paint maintenance and warranty
---- GAP protection (so that if the bike is totaled the payments are taken care of)
---- Maintenance (minus the 1000 mile maintenance which is 300)
---- all for 247 a month

I know you said not to make payments but MAN this is tempting lol
Darlin', this sounds like my idea of an auto dealer nightmare. Mam, do I have a deal for you. :-) Z

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Living in Texas with no helmets required by law I cringe at what I see people doing. Knuckleheads blasting down the freeway at 90 wearing nothing but cutoffs an flip flops. Ewwww. Anyway I learned early on to keep all parts of your body covered that you don't want to have rubbed off. Stay vigilant and have an escape route to get away from any vehicle you see. They WIll hurt you.

I learned that a long time ago; I grew up in NW Indiana and you do not know pain until you catch a June bug in the middle of the forehead at 65 without a helmet. I don't know if they have changed the helmet laws there (I moved to the NW in 1975) but I started wearing a helmet then, and still do to this day. I have a deep scar in my forehead to remind me every time I look in a mirror.
I also cringe every time I see a rider with flip flops or tennis shoes, I like my ankles and always wear boots.

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Man, with all do respect please look farther. Even look on craigslist,this is the best time of the year to buy any type of vehicle because the 2015 are coming into stock.Dearlerships still have 2013's that have not been bought or have very little miles on them . The dealers have increased their advertising on craigslist. That's where I found my 2008 Vrod with 5500 miles for 8500.00and that was 2 years ago.For your's and your bank account shop some more,yor in control not the dealer,their trying to move there 2014 stock.

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Naw! don't wait ,If I didn't have the four bikes I have now and had the cash in hand I would have the dealers licking the floor to the showroom to clear a path for my entrance. They need to get the 2014's off the showroom floor for the bikes coming in.Stand your ground and try at least one other harley dealer.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The secret to motorcycle or car dealing is to not "fall in love" with a particular car or bike. There's only one of you and you've got money, there's lots of dealers and cars and bikes and they want your money. It's up to them to convince you to turn loose of it. They do it by offering a good deal. If they know you've " fallen in love" they've got you. If you're ready to walk in a heartbeat you've got them. Also keep in mind "when you have the urge to buy something, go sit down 'til the urge goes away". Much cheaper that way!

Top Bottom