• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorheads

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, Tesla's planned $6 Billion dollar factory will make Elon Musk the new Auto energy Czar with his made in the USA batteries. I hope he has a different attitude than BIG OIL!

From what little I know of Elon Musk (Same Initials as Elio Motors) he is a visionary & has more money than he can spend............ :)

rmcelroy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
V41-500x315.jpg

http://motusmotorcycles.com/ I forgot about these guys. This would make for a cool engine. I would be forced to cut open the sides of the hood a la street rod style just to show off the mill.
Dang, I like that. I would love to put that in a Lotus 7 or a Miata.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More than likely a floor board designed battery pack. Think of all the extra frunk space in the current engine compartment.

Copying the Tesla skateboard is a good idea. Elio Musk doesn't seem like to bad of a guy. He is Tony Stark after all. I would buy a Tesla S tomorrow if I won the lottery.

Joe Coppinger

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alot of reading about a topic that - Really I like... Everybody has a Tim and Binford in their blood.. However nobody mentioned the basics - build the motor you got first. CompCams custom grind camshaft (Hyd. Rollers are $300.00 so this should be cheaper) Need to see the rockers, bet a roller lobe and tip could be adapted or easily made and theirs only 6 of them (12 if it's 4 valve per head). Then comes the ECU up grade, again I got to go back to the crazy people in Memphis (CompCams-F.A.S.T.) If Elio really "takes off" a self tuning no laptop reqired will probabbly emerge..

Forged cranks - not needs way under 500hp. So a simple type of supercharger, I prefer Turbo (rear mount) because mountain terrain wouldn't hurt the performance.

Then as all gearheads know brakes and suspension. Makes sense but only becomes real when you fill the diaper in a scary situation..

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder why smaller engines don't seem to be as affected by altitude as large ones. I heard the explanation once many years ago, but I remember taking my Opel into Colorado and passing Roadmasters and Family Trucksters by the dozens. They were gasping for air while my little 1.8 hardly lost a step in the thin air. Maybe it was the 6:1 compression that didn't suffer as much, but although a turbo (still years away) would have helped, I was king of the mountain.

Would the sub 1-Liter Elio produce the same result?

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could not fathom such an exercise. The Vrod Porsche designed motor is very reliable and durable and puts out a lot of HP for the size. The motor drive system is not even close to being compatible that it could be mounted to the transmission.
If this is strictly a mental exercise at least put a Chevy 572 crate motor in it and go fast...

Top Bottom