• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Moving From Tucson To Phoenix, Need My Elio!

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My anticipated move from Tucson to Phoenix (Chandler really) is here! I will now be commuting 82 miles a day, but I still don't have my Elio. I found a used 2000 Toyota Echo for commuting as I wait for my Elio.

Anyone have had any experience with these cars? Is there anything I should know?

Last edited:

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My anticipated move from Tucson to Phoenix (Chandler really) is here! I will now be commuting 82 miles a day, but I still don't have my Elio. I found am used 2000 Toyota Echo for commuting as I wait for my Elio.

Anyone have have any experience with these cars? is there anything I should know?

Stick or manual?

The Echo is a good car, 38-44mpg with manual transmission. Expect to get up to 250-300k out of it.
Cross winds kick it a little more than a Corolla.

Extremely reliable.

Poor acceleration especially on hot days with A/C on.

Great long distance commuter car.

Hyper-milers love this car and are known to remove the power steering and put pizza pans on the wheels.

Last edited:

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Stick or manual?

The Echo is a good car, 38-44mph with manual transmission. Expect to get up to 250-300k out of it.
Cross winds kick it a little more than a Corolla.

Extremely reliable.

Poor acceleration especially on hot days with A/C on.

Great long distance commuter car.

Hyper-milers love this car and are known to remove the power steering and put pizza pans on the wheels.
I got a five speed manual!

Top Bottom