• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Murder, Transexuals, And The Price Is Right: The Story Of The Dale Car Hoax

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
liz carmichael.jpg
the dale 2.jpg
jerry dean michael.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/murder-transsexuals-and-the-price-is-right-the-story-464820740

This is a pretty interesting read, almost as good as the Story about Delorean.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is another one that you would probably enjoy, If I could find more information about it. (All I could find in 3 minutes)

http://98.139.236.92/search/srpcach...5&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=cPr3.RSxmLIKswwiAzYlMw--
I will start out by saying..."If I remember correctly"...
It was 1997, and I was doing a bit of work for a Buick dealership in Knoxville, Tn. In the service department there was a large banner that said (something like) "COMING SOON...the GAZELLE". The place was all abuzz as the owners had recently paid the franchise fees for this new (Jeep-like) SUV. It seems like it was really a customized Jeep that the scammers were using (pictures of) without the permission of the actual vehicles owner....anyway, within a few weeks my hearing about it, it was exposed as a fraud.

Maybe some of you can add (or correct) more information. :)

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the article you linked:

Liz was a charismatic woman with a lot of presence, being significantly larger and more, um, robust, than an average woman, at 6 feet tall and 200 lbs. A huge Ayn Rand fan, Liz named the Twentieth Century Motor Corporation after another more or less equally fictitious company in Atlas Shrugged.

Liz was also different than many women in that she had been born a man, Jerry Dean Michael, and that particular man was wanted on counterfeiting charges.

Personally, I believe that people are pretty much free to live as whatever gender they choose, but in this context, the transsexuality does add another rich layer to the deceit sandwich that is the Dale. Liz also claimed to hold degrees in mechanical engineering and marketing, and came to LA after her loyal and fictitious husband Jim died in 1966.

So, the Tea Party dates back to late 1960's. Interesting.

Top Bottom